Wac Commish Statement On Losing Boise, Expansion

NT80

WAC Commissioner Karl Benson-

"While I am disappointed that Boise State has elected to leave the WAC, I am very optimistic that the WAC will continue to have success in the future and that this change in membership will allow us to build even a better WAC for the future. The WAC has been very good for Boise State and Boise State has been very good for the WAC. But it’s not the first time a school has left the WAC and each time it has happened, a school or group of schools have stepped up and performed at a level that brings the WAC national credibility. We have a very strong foundation of schools going forward and others that are showing vast improvement in their athletics’ programs, and I expect that one of these teams will do just that – step up and perform.

And as I have said many times – when schools join the WAC, they get better and I am sure that too will be the case regardless of the team or teams that will join the WAC in the coming months. The WAC Board of Directors will begin immediately to evaluate possible replacement teams. However, a specific timeline has yet to be determined as we continue to follow the changing landscape of intercollegiate athletics that is currently underway."

http://www.wacsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=10100&ATCLID=204956736