Two close losses...

CMJ

Here's a copy of a post I just made on Privateer Island. Unbelievable night. I was going nuts listening to one game while watching a basic exact replica of that game on the court in front of me...

Steve and I were both at the women's game tonight, listening to the men on the radio. These games were so unbelievably similar. Check this out...

Early on in the game, Nerijus Lisauskas was surprisingly dominating the game. At the same time, Joevone Markey (the women's center) was surprisingly dominating UNT. Both games remained close all the way through. As the UNT men built a 6 point lead, the UNT women had built a 6 point lead. The men cut the lead down to a tie, the women cut it down to a tie.

As J Mann got fouled with under 20 second to go, Monique Taylor got fouled for UNO with under 20 seconds to go. The only difference here is that the women were down 1, while the men were tied. As Mann missed the first FT, Taylor hit. Both games are tied with under 20 ticks left. As Mann sinks his FT, Taylor sank hers. Both UNO squads are up 1, but UNT has one last gasp in both instances. As Johnell steals the ball, the UNT women miss a couple last second attempts at a game winner and the UNO women win. Then Johnell sinks his free throws and the men are also victorious!

An eerily similar flow to both games tonight. And yes, call me cynical, but I was convinced that we were gonna lose both games on simultaneous buzzer beaters. I may have jumped off the Lakefront Arena ramps had that actually happened!

I can't believe you're just now using them.  A few seasons back I used them even on games we didn't hit seven 3's.  It's not like the Wendy's counter people listened to the game.  tongue.gif

I got MANY a free meal that way.

The problem is that they don't even hand them out until after they hit enough three's

President's List...4.0 GPA: Scott Roniger and Lance Boxell

Dean's List....3.5 GPA: Chris Davis, Rusty Chiles, Mike DeGrate and Ron Harris

Great job guys. I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Those phony lists the newspapers publish about graduation percentages list only scholarship players that graduate in 4 years. Walkons, although they are part of the team, do not count. Transfers count as failures. Good students that take a medical redshirt year like Chris Davis count as failures.