How About The Spring Game Now?

eppy4life

I am thinking that seven win thing as a "must" may have just been tossed with the QB change. I am now thinking 5 will do it...but 7 would certainly be nice as well...hey, how about UNT just runs the table? Yep, I like that idea....GO MEAN GREEN!

I am thinking that seven win thing as a "must" may have just been tossed with the QB change. I am now thinking 5 will do it...but 7 would certainly be nice as well...hey, how about UNT just runs the table? Yep, I like that idea....GO MEAN GREEN!

7 still must remail. If Dodge is 10-38 by season's end, I expect him to go. The bar needs to stay where it is.

That threshold of 7 wont change. The higher ups in the Athletic Department have faith in Derek Thompson and expect nothing less regardless of who's playing QB. Ultimately it all steers back to the head coach, and if he hasn't done a good job of recruiting and developing QB's to win 7 games, then that's definitely a strike in the book.

• Upvote 2

That threshold of 7 wont change. The higher ups in the Athletic Department have faith in Derek Thompson and expect nothing less regardless of who's playing QB. Ultimately it all steers back to the head coach, and if he hasn't done a good job of recruiting and developing QB's to win 7 games, then that's definitely a strike in the book.

Who are the higher ups???

If this team goes 6-6 this year, after what we have seen the first three years of this thing, I doubt very seriously they fire Dodge. I have still have my doubts that they will be that good, but I just don't see how you remove a head guy after a 6-6 year after what occurred the previous 3 before.

Agree. RV wants to go into the new stadium with a winning team or a new coach.

If this team goes 6-6 this year, after what we have seen the first three years of this thing, I doubt very seriously they fire Dodge. I have still have my doubts that they will be that good, but I just don't see how you remove a head guy after a 6-6 year after what occurred the previous 3 before.

You remove a 6-6 coach BECAUSE of what you've seen the previous three years. The gradual evolution of removing HS coaches, tweaking the offense, hiring qualified assistants, etc etc isn't to me a sign of growth but rather desperation moves as the "formula" failed. If these changes were made wholesale between years 1 and 2...or even 2 and 3 then I could see where we could point to this as a program that is learning/growing. As it is, this is a gift year and is absolutely make or break. Any more leniency and you're not being fair to your investors.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

You remove a 6-6 coach BECAUSE of what you've seen the previous three years. The gradual evolution of removing HS coaches, tweaking the offense, hiring qualified assistants, etc etc isn't to me a sign of growth but rather desperation moves as the "formula" failed. If these changes were made wholesale between years 1 and 2...or even 2 and 3 then I could see where we could point to this as a program that is learning/growing. As it is, this is a gift year and is absolutely make or break. Any more leniency and you're not being fair to your investors.

I would have made a change after last season. I don't disagree with you, I just don't see this AD removing a coach that wins 6 games, double what he did in the 3 previous (assuming they win 6). Hope you are right, because the chances of him turning this around are so small at this point....However, it will be mute point....I don't see them winning 6.

I don't care about the Spring game though.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1