Good Finish In Belt Indoor Track

GrandGreen

Men finished second and women third in Belt indoor track. Great change from last year when both teams ending up fifth. NT women led by Alysha Adams with firsts in 55 hurdles and 200 meters. Missy Barnes led a 1,2, 3 swept for NT in 55. Women also won 4 x 440. Keeyth Talley led NT men with victories in 55 meters and 200 meters, also on winning 4 x 440. Jordan Wehr won heptathlon.

I am really impressed with the depth and improvement in both men's and womens track. I also believe that they will be much stronger during the outdoor season. I know that we have been down in football the last 4-5 years and womens b-ball is struggling. However, the mens b-ball is strong, soccer is always a contender, tennis and swimming/diving have done dramatic turnarounds, and I believe that both golf teams, softball, and even volleyball have improved somewhat. Is our improvement in other sports enough to start competing for the annual Bubas Cup? In years past the football, men's b-ball and soccer teams didn't get much help from the other 13 teams in earning points for the Cup. However, this year the indoor track teams earned a 2nd and 3rd where in years past we hung around 5th - 7th place, and the swimming/diving team finished I believe 3rd (maybe 4th) but that is better than they have ever done. Does anyone know the nuts and bolts behind the scoring when determining the Bubas Cup winner each year?

I believe you get the reverse number of points for how many teams are in the sport/where you finihed. So say in football we finished last - we'd get 1 point and Troy would get 9. But in basketball with 13 member institutions the top school would get 13(I'm not sure if they award regular season or tourney champ the full score tho).

It's something to that effect. We finished 3rd last year.