Shelton Gandy To La Tech?

gangrene

From footballscoop.com:

LA Tech: We hear Sonny Dykes talked with North Texas running backs coach Shelton Gandy about the running backs job at LA Tech, but our sources tell us Gandy plans to stay at North Texas.

It's nice to see one of our coaches being considered for a legitimate FBS position (rather than HS) for a change.

*****Sorry, I posted too soon - I see this was already mentioned in another thread.*****

Edited by gangrene

From footballscoop.com:

LA Tech: We hear Sonny Dykes talked with North Texas running backs coach Shelton Gandy about the running backs job at LA Tech, but our sources tell us Gandy plans to stay at North Texas.

It's nice to see one of our coaches being considered for a legitimate FBS position (rather than HS) for a change.

*****Sorry, I posted too soon - I see this was already mentioned in another thread.*****

Misleading post title. The question was answered. Story does say that Gandy is planning to stay at North Texas.

Misleading post title. The question was answered. Story does say that Gandy is planning to stay at North Texas.

I certainly hope coach Gandy decides to stick around, but he may just be waiting around for other options to develop and in the meantime, he's "planning to stay at North Texas." He deserves the attention...

It's all in the punctuation, which I ended with a question mark. Besides the "answer" was one of those "our sources say" and I'd hardly consider that definitive. I hope Gandy stays. My point in making the post was just informational and I was actually happy that one of our coaches is being considered for decent (IMHO) position. I'll be happier if he does, indeed, decline the position to stay at North Texas.

• Upvote 1

It's all in the punctuation, which I ended with a question mark. Besides the "answer" was one of those "our sources say" and I'd hardly consider that definitive. I hope Gandy stays. My point in making the post was just informational and I was actually happy that one of our coaches is being considered for decent (IMHO) position. I'll be happier if he does, indeed, decline the position to stay at North Texas.

Listen to Podcast #65 for your answer straight from the AD's mouth.

Is Shelton Gandy's son on the team? I was at a party and a lot of players were there and I kept hearing the name Shelton. I forgot until now about reading something about his son coming here. I have a bad memory and am too lazy to go look at the roster right now, but if this is correct it could be a big reason why Coach Gandy is passing up offers.. Or he could just be a good guy and want to stick around because he sees a bright future for us. Either way, I am happy to have him.

Is Shelton Gandy's son on the team? I was at a party and a lot of players were there and I kept hearing the name Shelton. I forgot until now about reading something about his son coming here. I have a bad memory and am too lazy to go look at the roster right now, but if this is correct it could be a big reason why Coach Gandy is passing up offers.. Or he could just be a good guy and want to stick around because he sees a bright future for us. Either way, I am happy to have him.

yes his son is on the team.