"i Promise Health Care Negotiations Will Be On C-span.

Regarding the latest closed-door gutter work being shoved down our throats.

On Tuesday, C-SPAN sent a letter to Democratic leaders requesting that they be permitted to film and broadcast live those conference negotiations. Many of the last-minute agreements paving the way for passage of each bill – especially in the Senate – were made behind closed doors and announced only after they had been reached.

The absence of a gathering of named conferees to work out House and Senate differences would seem to make moot the question of whether or not C-SPAN will be allowed to cover those negotiations.

By the time C-SPAN made its request, though, the conventional wisdom beginning to take root was that House leaders would have little choice but to accept most of what won a bare minimum 60 Senate votes last month.

8 clips of Obama promising there won't be any closed door policy on health care negotiations.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Harsh, perhaps...TRUE..ABSOLUTELY! Mid-term elections cannot get here fast enough. Seems several more dems are thinking about taking a step toward "retirement" so as to not have to face the voters in 2010. May get very interesting before it's all said and done with the 2010 elections. I am just happy to see some folks are remembering all the "promises" made during the campaign, and how those promises are really being "honored" once elected and in office.

TREM LIMITS...we got 'em...it's called the 2010 mid-term elections.

The Democratic Party ace in the hole will be the passage of a new immigration act to legalize all illegals before the election. Anyone opposed to such an enactment will be called.....well ya'll know.

This will be great because the rich will have to pay more taxes, the rich will be classified as making a total household income of less than 200k and Congress will have to find more creative ways to raise taxes on everyone else just to pay the interest on the debt.....not paying down the debt.....just the interest on the debt.

Obama has turned into the wizard from The Wizard of Oz trying to control everything from behind the curtain.

I would just like to see the man keep a promise and to take some sort of responsibility for some of the issues that have arisen lately, for instance the attempted terror attack in the plane over Detroit, instead of looking to place blame.

Obama has turned into the wizard from The Wizard of Oz trying to control everything from behind the curtain.

I would just like to see the man keep a promise and to take some sort of responsibility for some of the issues that have arisen lately, for instance the attempted terror attack in the plane over Detroit, instead of looking to place blame.

Am not looking to defend the guy in relation to the original theme of this thread, because it is a big problem with me and I agree with most of the posts made in this thread. That, and I'm not one to usually get involved in political discussions here. However, keep attention on the real iffy stuff this guy (or any politician for that matter) does in regards to transparency, and don't get side-tracked by the silly stuff partisan media outlets fixate on to move print and get hits on their websites.

He took responsibility

Am not looking to defend the guy in relation to the original theme of this thread, because it is a big problem with me and I agree with most of the posts made in this thread. That, and I'm not one to usually get involved in political discussions here. However, keep attention on the real iffy stuff this guy (or any politician for that matter) does in regards to transparency, and don't get side-tracked by the silly stuff partisan media outlets fixate on to move print and get hits on their websites.

He took responsibility

Finally. I wonder how he's feeling about closing down Gitmo now.