Five Jucos Signed

SUMG

Yep , every site is different and none are reliable. I'm sure if Herron was a legit 5 star recruit June Jones wouldn't of cut him and he could have cracked the starting lineup at SMU. I would rather have a 4 star coach with 2 star players than a 2 star coach with 4 star players. Recruiting site are silly don't you think : Scout.com list Johnson,Graham & Downing as 1 star recruits , but who knows right ?

GMG!!

They're all a scientific wild arse guess, but I'll stick to Rivals as they seem to be more widely used and regarded. Scout usually lags behind Rivals and Emfinger is an outright joke.

Edited by MeanGreen61

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be Mr. Negative here....

I think the rivals Star Rankings are a crock of sh*t. Just look at past stars given to people that are superstars now. I think its a better indication to look at other schools that offered. Not that were interested, that offered. I think that gives a good preview of the future ability of these guys. But then again, someone can be overrated just as easy as underrated.

Hope they all work out. And I hope we land that QB.

Ummm. The number of schools that offered does weigh in on the Star system. It is not a perfect system but I would rather have as many stars a possible on my recruiting roster.

I'll rate 'em after I see 'em play at the college level. I trust the colleges, including UNT, to know a lot more than I do about the type of players they are looking for and in deciding who to recruit. I think the rating systems are just what they are said to be...a rating system. Nothing more, nothing less...just like the BCS rating system...It's a rating system, but you play the game on the field not in the computer...the recruiting systems rate the players, good enough...I'll hold judgment until they play the game at the college and trust in the coaching and recruiting staffs to do thee best job they can in signing the players needed to help UNT win.

That all being said, I do like to see highly rated players signed by UNT...I could care less about which system rated them. I see no problem with reporting different rating systems for different players as long as the system is noted. I can figure the rest out from that...It's always nice to get good PR from a recruiting class being rated highly. Look just because I don't put my faith in the recruiting systems, it's nice to have them around give the fans something to discuss, right?