Mangrum

mean green d

Am I alone in thinking Mangrum should be in the starting lineup? I like our other shooting guards size and makeup. I

just think Mangrum gives more offense than the others including Thompson who is struggling. Anyone else just

think it is a matter of time?

Your thoughts?

GMG

Am I alone in thinking Mangrum should be in the starting lineup? I like our other shooting guards size and makeup. I

just think Mangrum gives more offense than the others including Thompson who is struggling. Anyone else just

Your thoughts?

GMG

I think when DJ is 100% he should be the 1 and Josh should play the 2. Not ready to give up on Tristan in the swing role yet, but if/when that happens I'd probably go with Collin by a nose over Richard Thomas. I'm not sure if that's how JJ will roll them out tho.

I think Mangrum is perfect in the role he's playing right now. He comes in and plays a defensive and outside shooting spark plug role for 8-10 minutes per game.

I'd put him behind Josh, Dom, Richard Thomas, Shannon Shorter, and Tristan Thompson, easily. That's not an indictment of his talent, that's just my subjective preference for five other very talented guards.

I've loved seeing Mangrum play a major bench role. I'd be anxious about a starting role or even expanded minutes, considering the other talent on the roster and Mangrum's injury history. Remember last season, he came back and played heavy time in one or two games, and the workload was too much for him. If we can get 8-10 solid minutes of Mangrum all season, I'll take it and be thrilled, because I thought the injuries would be too much for him to come back from again.

No need to push it. We've got a very valuable, very fragile resource. I'd hate to see him asked to do more than he's physically capable of, and I'd hate to see expectations get too high for what he can consistently bring to the floor.

I think when DJ is 100% he should be the 1 and Josh should play the 2. Not ready to give up on Tristan in the swing role yet, but if/when that happens I'd probably go with Collin by a nose over Richard Thomas. I'm not sure if that's how JJ will roll them out tho.

I would love it if these two were rarely on the floor at the same time this year. You give up way to much defensively to have 2 5'10" tweener guards on the floor at the same time.

Your thoughts?

GMG

I think he plays at 120% when he is in there, I'd take that anytime. Good on defense and offense, gotta give him more minutes.

I would love it if these two were rarely on the floor at the same time this year. You give up way to much defensively to have 2 5'10" tweener guards on the floor at the same time.

I don't want to sit Josh tho - too much offense...but DJ is definitely the better PG to me, so I'd hate to sit him

Well the combination of Dom and Josh got us 20 wins last year and they were playing really well down the stretch last year.

I love Collin but I like him coming off the bench.

Yep, and that got us a 2nd place (?) finish in the west, a semi-final exit in the tournament, and no post-season birth in any tournament.

I want bigger things this year, and to accomplish that we need a bigger 2 guard.

Yep, and that got us a 2nd place (?) finish in the west, a semi-final exit in the tournament, and no post-season birth in any tournament.

I want bigger things this year, and to accomplish that we need a bigger 2 guard.

Well, some of that might be changed because we return basically everyone and UALR didn't. Denver is looking good, but otherwise we seem to be a step above everyone in the West. Remember, last year was DJ and Josh's first season together.

I just don't think you can bench White, but DJ is(to me) the superior 1 guard.

Well, some of that might be changed because we return basically everyone and UALR didn't. Denver is looking good, but otherwise we seem to be a step above everyone in the West. Remember, last year was DJ and Josh's first season together.

I just don't think you can bench White, but DJ is(to me) the superior 1 guard.

I think you start/play Josh in spots that benefit him and the team. Obviously a match up of White against a bigger guard with equal quickness is not what this teams needs. I think you use Josh when the other team is starting a guard close to White's size, or when White has an obvious quickness advantage against has counterpart. In other words, you pick your spots with him. I actually like the potential of his offense off the bench.

I love Josh, I just wish he was either A) a true point guard; or c) 4 inches taller. (gave me a smiley face when I tried to use B

Edited by UNT90