I Wonder!

saysojoe

The best game plan in the world was going to get us a win that day.

Alabama is one of the top 5 teams in the country, we're nowhere close to that level, nor have we ever been anywhere close to that level in the last 25 years, perhaps ever...

If we beat Ak St, then thier near loss against Iowa is just that, another loss...We played Bama for a $900K pay check. Without that game (and the others like it), we don't fund a Football team, nor do at least 60% of all college football programs...

And Iowa will be lucky to finish the season in the top 25...

Iowa also shares a lot with Florida State, the team is totally bipolar. They look great one week and can keep up with the best teams in the country, the next week, they look like they are just trying to figure out which way to throw the ball. lucky for them that they have been good when they need to and bad against teams that they can afford to be bad against. Look at their week 1 match up and score and tell me that they are one of the best in 1A.

Iowa also shares a lot with Florida State, the team is totally bipolar. They look great one week and can keep up with the best teams in the country, the next week, they look like they are just trying to figure out which way to throw the ball. lucky for them that they have been good when they need to and bad against teams that they can afford to be bad against. Look at their week 1 match up and score and tell me that they are one of the best in 1A.

There are not many schools that you could not say the same thing about. Because of parity almost every fan of every BCS school feels their team is bipolar.

I'd say recently, under Dodge, our gameplan is to limit turnovers against big boys. If we had that mentality against conference mates, I say we win more ball games. Can't fault that gameplan.

We are +2 against BCS AQ Conf foes.

Team Win/Loss Give Take Diff Fum Int Year

Bama Loss 0 1 1 0 0 2009

LSU Loss 1 1 0 0 1 2008

Kan St Loss 0 2 2 0 0 2008

Ark Loss 2 2 0 0 2 2007

Oklahoma Loss 3 2 -1 0 3 2007

Texas Loss 2 2 0 2 0 2006

Kan St Loss 0 1 1 0 0 2005

LSU Loss 1 1 0 0 1 2005

Baylor Loss 1 1 0 0 1 2004

Colorado Loss 1 0 -1 1 0 2004

Texas Loss 3 0 -3 3 0 2004

Baylor Win 2 6 4 1 1 2003

Oklahoma Loss 2 1 -1 1 1 2003

Air Force Loss 3 4 1 1 2 2003

Ark Loss 3 0 -3 2 1 2003

I wasn't talking about you.. I didn't even understand your post

sorry i confused you keith7. yes, i was being factitious. i thought you were dissing me with your prior comment about being crazy along with saysojoe. second comment was also factitious concerning your past comment Tune is next Joe Montana. was agreeing with you on that assessment even though you really meant he is putz and loser. just love your support of the kids who are busting their tails for you and every UNT alum/fan. keep up the positive vibes keith7.

Edited by football fan

For those of you bringing up the greatness of the near top ranking of Alabama, let me remind that FIU was within 6 points of them with just under 4 minutes to go in the third quarter............this year.

I know it seems impossible against these teams, but every year someone who has no reason to even be on the same field with these money programs finds a way to either hang with them or beat them.

It would be nice that one of these day's it's the Mean Green's turn.

Rick

For those of you bringing up the greatness of the near top ranking of Alabama, let me remind that FIU was within 6 points of them with just under 4 minutes to go in the third quarter............this year.

I know it seems impossible against these teams, but every year someone who has no reason to even be on the same field with these money programs finds a way to either hang with them or beat them.

It would be nice that one of these day's it's the Mean Green's turn.

Rick

This.