Lighting The Tower

houstonmeangreen

What is the timeframe for the Tower Lighting?

The kids love to stay for the postgame fireworks but I'd like to see both.

Maybe we can have a live feed of the Tower Lighting on the jumbotron.

It's possible if we can convince one of the Talons to wear Al Frankens old helmet dish.

franken-thumb.jpg

What is the timeframe for the Tower Lighting?

The kids love to stay for the postgame fireworks but I'd like to see both.

Maybe we can have a live feed of the Tower Lighting on the jumbotron.

It's possible if we can convince one of the Talons to wear Al Frankens old helmet dish.

franken-thumb.jpg

While I think it is a bit premature to be discussing lighting the tower in honor of a victory over Ohio it did spark a thought for a new tradition: After each home victory the NT band could march to the tower from the stadium (leading the students in a pied piper fashion.) Once there they would play the fight song after which the tower would be lit.

Just a thought.

While I think it is a bit premature to be discussing lighting the tower in honor of a victory over Ohio it did spark a thought for a new tradition: After each home victory the NT band could march to the tower from the stadium (leading the students in a pied piper fashion.) Once there they would play the fight song after which the tower would be lit.

Just a thought.

Love the idea. How do we make it happen?

NT will never be position to plan a victory celebration after a football game. The People who are doing this need to ask Michigian about App. State, or Alabama about ULM. I'm noy saying NT won't win, all I'm saying is pull some reality into your celebration and prediction. This is the FOURTH game that the football team has won in the last THREE seasons.

Do I hope the team wins Sept. 12, yes. All I'm saying is don't make reservations to New Orleans for the end of December off one win over a lower mid-level MAC team. I think all College Football fans will agree the Sun Belt and the MAC are fighting it out to not be the worst Conference in the FBS.

Again there is reason for excitment, but let's be intelligent fans and not plan victory parties, five days before the game is played

Again there is reason for excitment, but let's be intelligent fans and not plan victory parties, five days before the game is played

Although I agree with not getting ahead of ourselves and just taking this one game at a time. I kinda think a new post victory tradition would be great that why I like the idea. Rather or not we win on Saturday which I think we will I’d like to see something new. I do hope to someday win another game and if by that time the program decides to incorporate the lighting of the tower into the celebration I’m on board. And as for Buzz Killington thinking we’ll never win another game so be it I say plan a celebration for every game and hopefully someday we’ll use it.