Pre-season Improvements

untcampbell

* Interesting to hear the "how they got here" stories...coaching connections, behind the scenes, etc.

* The meangreensports.com blog is a big upgrade in communication with the faithful. Big props to Steven Bartolotta.

* Anyone notice the numerous discussions, phone calls that Vito has had with Coach Dodge?

* More practices open to the public?

* This has to be a difficult time for the cynics (and I mean that with much respect...recent good news seems to be outweighing the negative). I am in the positive camp and working hard to stay contained and controlled about my expectations for this season.

The Athletic Department overall appears to be making big gains.

Even Coach Dodge detractors might admit the guy seems to be adapting. We are moving forward in many different areas.

GMG

It will be an interesting camp for sure. My keys to look for are as follows:

1) O-line battles. We have alot of experienced players returning. I'd say there are 7 legit players that could start and only 5 spots.

2) Who's going to step up on the D-line. We brought in alot of bodies to compete. And who ends up at what positions. I for one hope that Gilmore returns to DE

3) Along the same lines who is going to step up at WR, once again we have alot of bodies fighting for a few spots.

4) We have a young secondary with tons of potential, will it be this year?

* Interesting to hear the "how they got here" stories...coaching connections, behind the scenes, etc.

* The meangreensports.com blog is a big upgrade in communication with the faithful. Big props to Steven Bartolotta.

* Anyone notice the numerous discussions, phone calls that Vito has had with Coach Dodge?

* This has to be a difficult time for the cynics (and I mean that with much respect...recent good news seems to be outweighing the negative). I am in the positive camp and working hard to stay contained and controlled about my expectations for this season.

Even Coach Dodge detractors might admit the guy seems to be adapting. We are moving forward in many different areas.

GMG

green-kool-aidman.jpg

c'mon scott. it's the opening of fall camp. this is the time of year when positivity reigns. if you feel that way in november, then we have something.

in my black heart, blogs and coaches speaking to reporters isn't exactly my idea of whoopee!!

i'm not getting fooled by talk this year i.e. "we're one big happy family now". they gotta show us something first.

GMG

After the last 2 seasons, they had to do something. I am withholding my thoughts on this offseason till I see the Ball State game.

It is this time of year that I too become a bit overly optimistic. That may be due to the fact that I am just ready for some football and seeing 2-a-day practice gets me pumped up!

I am trying to be level-headed about everything though it can be difficult with everything starting up.

Mean Rob = The power down sound effect from Star Wars

(thanks for bringing me back to earth, Rob!)

But, GMG.

I know, it's too bad we don't have something crazy awesome to keep up our spirits going eh. You know, something like a 78 million dollar new stadium to be completed by 2011. We can dream, I guess!

I know, it's too bad we don't have something crazy awesome to keep up our spirits going eh. You know, something like a 78 million dollar new stadium to be completed by 2011. We can dream, I guess!

Don't get me wrong, i'm fired up for the season and those drawings got me fired up for the stadium

But blogs aren't going to erase the pain of last year. Dudes, that sucked. Been following since 93 and let me tell you, that was the worst.

We'll see.