Bobby Lozano Murder Trail

Ironically, I was contacted by the CBS News' show 48 Hours asking to be interviewed because I went to school with both Vicki and Bobby. Vicki's mother played at both my wedding and the weddings of my sister and brother, as we all took piano lessons from her as children. I graduated with Vicki, but didn't know her well. I played soccer and baseball with Bobby in Little League.

My opinion? His as guilty as sin.

Ironically, I was contacted by the CBS News' show 48 Hours asking to be interviewed because I went to school with both Vicki and Bobby. Vicki's mother played at both my wedding and the weddings of my sister and brother, as we all took piano lessons from her as children. I graduated with Vicki, but didn't know her well. I played soccer and baseball with Bobby in Little League.

Did you do the interview ?

I knew Bobby from the gym , but not Vicki. I agree he's guilty. I never even knew he was married because he had 2 different girls that he brought with him to the gym and Vicki wasn't one of them

• 2 weeks later...

I have been following this case closely since it is a Denton news thing. I feel so sorry for the victim, seems like everyone around treated her like crap.

I am suprised this hasnt caught on nationally by the cable networks, since there is alot of suspicious things in the story, but the Michael Jackson murder, thats right murder is alot bigger.

How can someone cheat on their wife so much, unbelieveable

Guilty.... everyone else thinks so as well.

I heard they were doing a 48 hours deal on him - when does it run?

I post this knowing nothing about the case, the people involved, or the extenuating circumstances of the case:

In his turn, Hagen asked jury to consider Lozano’s 16 years of dedication of the Denton Police Department.

Really? Your job is reason for leniency in a murder case? I rescued a couple dogs in my life, can I knock a couple years off my sentence if I blow up an elementary school?

No disrespect to Rudy or Emmett intended on this. I just feel that when you're talking about a crime of this magnitude, your job, your position in the community, the amount you give to your local PTA or the delicious flavor of your bake sale muffins should be completely irrelevant to judgment or sentencing guidelines.

Yea and lets not forget that as a DPD dectective, he single out young hot coeds who had been raped, or a victim of a crime to seduce and have pleasure with. Just plain pathetic.

The worst is that he would tell suspect in cases that if they would sleep with him, there charges would be dropped, once they did, he never dropped the charges, 45 years isnt enough....

Also why were these women attracted to this guy, seriously, what did they see in him. Amazing.

If I'm not mistaken, 22 1/2 years to do before eligible for parole.

Amazing a jury convicted this guy, much less gave him 45 years. Wow. Not to bright to allow 10 women on the jury panel, Mr. Defense Attorney.

And I think he is guilty as sin.

EDIT: Yes, he must serve half his sentence before eligible for parole.

Edited by UNT90

No, I didn't do the 48 Hours interview. I was contacted via email by the writer. She was looking for people that were close to Viki that could provide good memories of her. I knew Viki to the extent of passing her in the hall and saying hello.

I played Little League baseball and soccer as a 10 year old, before I found out it was a communist sport, with Bobby. He was always pretty quiet and stand-offish and became an arrogant SOB when he joined the police force. His affairs were well known around Denton and I'm amazed Viki stayed with him, although I believe, IMO, that he probably was abusive to her and she was scared to go. She was always much closer to her father, which I think made her mother mad. I don't have any proof, but looking back I think her Mom was probably controlling/border line mentally abusive to her. Something weird was going on there considering she still lived in the home her daughter was killed in with her son-in-law, his new wife and her kids. Sad, sad story.

My heart goes out to their son. How would you like to be 10 or 11 years old, know your mother was shot to death, thought it was a suicide or accident and then learn your father murdered her? I also feel for his family, who have always seemed to be good people.

I thought he was guilty from Day 1 and was shocked his sentence wasn't much longer. I will be curious to know if they start digging in to the past DA's affairs and find out why Isaac's dimissed this case. Lozano evidently had a lot of dirt on some folks.

• 5 months later...