College Football Poll 2009 Sun Belt Predictions

They have the wrong school logo and think we have only been playing DI football since 1994...forget the twenty or so years before the Hurley catastrophe in '81, apparently.

Two things I noticed.

1)They think we'll beat WKU again and win an OOC game (winning OOC is a step up, how sad is that?)

2)

Sun Belt teams with records of 7-5 or better, are next in line to fill slots in the St. Petersburg, PapaJohns.com and Independence Bowls if primary conferences do not have an eligible team.

I wasn't aware that in order for the Belt to be considered for these bowls there had to be a 7-5 record...or do all bowl teams have to be above .500?

Two things I noticed.

1)They think we'll beat WKU again and win an OOC game (winning OOC is a step up, how sad is that?)

2)

I wasn't aware that in order for the Belt to be considered for these bowls there had to be a 7-5 record...or do all bowl teams have to be above .500?

I was under the idea that a team had to be above .500 in order to qualify for a bowl and they could petition the NCAA if they were not in certain cases. At any rate, 2-10 may end up being pretty generous.

They seem to be pretty accurate in the previous predictions...

Last year they predicted FIU would be 0-12. They went 5-7.

2005, they said ASU would be 2-9, they were 6-5.

Last year they preidcted MTSU would be 2-10, they went 5-7.

I think all they know how to do when they look at schools they don't know is base their prediction on past performance.

I think it is a computer program that they use:

The Congrove Computer Rankings have picked the winner in 74.8% of all games played since 1993 (8,432-2,845) while beating the spread in 54.0% of those games (5,592-4,765). In the 2008 season, the computer won 74.8% SU and 51.7% ATS.