Jerry Jones Or Mark Cuban

Ok, Mean Green fans, just a question. Which Dallas Sports owner is really the biggest embarrassment to his sport and to the DFW Metroplex...Jerry Jones or Mark Cuban? I would have to go with mark Cuban after this mess this week with the Denver folks...K Mart and mother, etc. What an idiot and a spoiled brat Cuban seems to be in certain situations. The guy is a billionaire (or close to it) and the owner of the team. Can he not act half-way grown up? Perhaps dress like he doesn't buy his clothes at the thrift store, get away from the team bench, stop acting like a teenager on that blog and keep the mouth shut once in awhile????? The guy is a train wreck and a real embarrassment. So, here we have Dallas with it's three major pro sports owners being Jones, Cuban and Hicks....is that some sort of record for "interesting" and embarrassing ownership or what?

Yes, I know there are "other" owners out there with their own issues...say Davis and Steinbruner (sp???) to name just two...but, come on Dallas...what's up with the team owners in the area???

GROW UP a bit! Mark Cuban....you have got to be kidding!

Ok, Mean Green fans, just a question. Which Dallas Sports owner is really the biggest embarrassment to his sport and to the DFW Metroplex...Jerry Jones or Mark Cuban? I would have to go with mark Cuban after this mess this week with the Denver folks...K Mart and mother, etc. What an idiot and a spoiled brat Cuban seems to be in certain situations. The guy is a billionaire (or close to it) and the owner of the team. Can he not act half-way grown up? Perhaps dress like he doesn't buy his clothes at the thrift store, get away from the team bench, stop acting like a teenager on that blog and keep the mouth shut once in awhile????? The guy is a train wreck and a real embarrassment. So, here we have Dallas with it's three major pro sports owners being Jones, Cuban and Hicks....is that some sort of record for "interesting" and embarrassing ownership or what?

Yes, I know there are "other" owners out there with their own issues...say Davis and Steinbruner (sp???) to name just two...but, come on Dallas...what's up with the team owners in the area???

GROW UP a bit! Mark Cuban....you have got to be kidding!

Well KRAM, in the spirit of free enterprise (which you don't seem to think there is enough of these days)......(regarding all the aforementioned owners, but especially Cuban) he bought it, it's his toy, and he can play with it any way he wants! :P

Within the boundries of the legal system of course...... B)

Clark Hunt. I mean, who owns soccer teams? :D

You are kidding, of course, right? The Lamar Hunt folks...now Clark Hunt, are one of the classiest families in all professional sports. Lamar Hunt should have won the coin toss with the Cowboys so the Texans could have stayed in Dallas and the Cowboys move if you are looking for classy ownership. BTW, Hicks does own an English Prenmier League team as well as the Rangers (Liverpool I do believe).

SilverEagle...just because you own something does not mean you should go around and act like an idiot...especially if what you own is really more of a "public" enterprise than a "private" one. If he wants to run around and act like a clown in the office of some broadband company he owns, so be it...but he IS representing the City of Dallas when he is in public with the Mavericks. ACT LIKE IT! Run the team anyway you want, sure, you own it, but at least act like an adult in public when you are with the team! Good grief!

You are kidding, of course, right?

Yes. I am kidding. How often do you see me using big grin emoticons?

As for crazy ownership, I've been a long suffering Raiders fan. I don't think anybody here beats the insanity that is Al Davis. I'm convinced that they removed his brain decades ago and keep him alive only through the same animatronic technology that keeps Keith Richards going.

SilverEagle...just because you own something does not mean you should go around and act like an idiot...especially if what you own is really more of a "public" enterprise than a "private" one. If he wants to run around and act like a clown in the office of some broadband company he owns, so be it...but he IS representing the City of Dallas when he is in public with the Mavericks. ACT LIKE IT! Run the team anyway you want, sure, you own it, but at least act like an adult in public when you are with the team! Good grief!

So you're suggesting some sort of social regulation for sports team owners? Careful, you might get kicked out of the free enterprise club. B)

Yes. I am kidding. How often do you see me using big grin emoticons?

As for crazy ownership, I've been a long suffering Raiders fan. I don't think anybody here beats the insanity that is Al Davis. I'm convinced that they removed his brain decades ago and keep him alive only through the same animatronic technology that keeps Keith Richards going.

I agree, Al Davis is a special kind of crazy.

Keith Richards replaced his blood with embalming fluid years ago, and it has kept him among the walking dead ever since.

So you're suggesting some sort of social regulation for sports team owners? Careful, you might get kicked out of the free enterprise club. B)

NOPE...just suggesting Cuban get a clue of how to act like an adult! BTW...I am a charter member of the free enterprise club...they can't throw me out!! :thumbsup:

NOPE...just suggesting Cuban get a clue of how to act like an adult! BTW...I am a charter member of the free enterprise club...they can't throw me out!! :thumbsup:

If he wants to act that way, I say more power to him. He has taken this team from a bottom dweller to a consistently good team. Let him do what he wants.

That is a pretty old club, how old are you?

Old enough! I am old enough where when the birthday comes around we don't celebrate the age any longer...just the date! :lol::lol::thumbsup: Still "young enough" to get in trouble, but old enough to know better than try in some cases! :no:

I remember when Abner played there! Really, I do...saw him play at Fouts...I also saw the very first Dallas Cowboy game in the Cotton Bowl...the Salesmanship game...I was part of a Quaker State TV commercial that was filed there before the game starring Alan Amache! Do you remember him? Got his autograph on a dollar bill...one one side of the bill is Doak Walker's autograph and on the other is Alana Amache's! Really!

Edited by KRAM1

Win titles... I don't care how. Be as crazy as you want to be. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

I totally agree with this. Even Jerry Jones was tolerable when they won Super Bowls. Professional sports is entertainment, and I have to say that, given my indifference toward basketball, if I did ever go to a Maverick game, I would spend most of my time watching Mark Cuban....or people like him.

I would rather see an owner who is enjoying the game as much as the fans....and amongst the fans. Rather than some stodgy suit wearing business man, standing around in his suite looking down at all the unwashed masses and mentally counting all the money he's making off them.

So, win at all costs is the way to go with you guys. OK, I get where you are coming from. We know what you are, we're just haggling over the price, right? Let's see, winning the Super Bowl makes a guy with little class into a real "classy guy". All that...boy, how shameful it was to treat Landry the way they did stuff was all talk.

Can we not combine winning with some class? I personally do not think the two are mutually exclusive, and again I point to Lamar Hunt as an example.

Look, I am "on board" with the you bought it, you own it, you play with it the way you want to line of thought. Just seems to me that when your "toy" is such a public entity as the Mavs and/or Cowboys, etc., that you might, in public at least, want to present yourself and your team and the fans you represent with a bit of class. That's all I am saying. Cuban, Jones, etc. can certainly do/say whatever they want...perfectly legal, but come on.......

I said that Jerry Jones was "tolerable", but only during the Super Bowl era. I didn't say I liked him.....and still don't. He might wear a suit, but he's still an Arkansas huckster. Mark Cuban doesn't pretend to have "class" (whatever that is....especially as it relates to sports and entertainment) , he's just the same guy he was before he became rich. Besides, to the rest of the world the image of Texas is just what yyz28 said...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Edited by SilverEagle

If he wants to act that way, I say more power to him. He has taken this team from a bottom dweller to a consistently good team. Let him do what he wants.

That is a pretty old club, how old are you?

Winning doesn't give one free reign to be a jackass. I love the Mavericks in spite of Cuban, but at times am ashamed to admit it.