Just making any Ranger fans aware that after tonight's game The Ticket (1310 am / 104.1 fm) has Diamondtalk. Myself alongside former MLB pitcher Mike Bacsik will be breaking down the game tonight and after every weeknight home game. If you would tune in I would greatly appreciate it, and feel free to call in and gripe about the pitching.

Now back to Darrell Dickey vs. Todd Dodge talk.

Sports

Just making any Ranger fans aware that after tonight's game The Ticket (1310 am / 104.1 fm) has Diamondtalk. Myself alongside former MLB pitcher Mike Bacsik will be breaking down the game tonight and after every weeknight home game. If you would tune in I would greatly appreciate it, and feel free to call in and gripe about the pitching. Now back to Darrell Dickey vs. Todd Dodge talk.

Sports

The Ranger's pitching or the pitch you made on here? Are you a recognized sponsor? :unsure:

The Rangers won 6-5 the other night. That's like 6-5 in soccer, oh wait, that never happens. B)

Sure it does...I refereed a game just last night that ended in a 6-4 score! OK, let's not talk about what age the players were... :lol::P

I don't hate the "great game"...it's just often very boring to watch for 3+ hours as pitchers and batters scratch themselves and throw lobs to first base and change pitchers endlessly (since when did major league pitchers become such weenies that they can't pitch complete games???)...when something actually does happen, it is fun to watch. Just take the 60 sec. of actuall action in a 3-hour game and put it on a tape...

Soccer, where you can witness the following:

Flops of Oscar caliber consideration

Running up and down a field continuously turning the ball over to the other team.

Joy on the face of both teams after a tie game.

Yep, ain't it great? And, all of that will be over before the end of the 4th inning in most baseball games!

Yep, ain't it great? And, all of that will be over before the end of the 4th inning in most baseball games!

That's still too long to watch soccer. :lol:

**Unless it is the Lady Mean Green Eagles.

Edited by UNTLifer

Thanks Mr. Bass.

I have had a lot of trouble getting into baseball, mostly because I've never watched a great team play the game. With football, I had the Cowboys in the mid-90s. With hockey, I had the Stars. With basketball... well, I watched the Bulls a lot growing up.

But I never really watched any great baseball teams. I kinda liked the Ryne Sandberg/Andre Dawson/Mark Grace Cubbies, but I just had a hard time getting attached to any team long enough to learn the sport.

So... my suggestion is this: to build interest in the sport, the team, and, subsequently, your show, I would try to reach out to the baseball neophyte. This might mean rehashing some old stories that "everyone" knows. It might mean John Madden-ing up some baseball rules and strategies. But the biggest tune-out factor for myself and friends who can't get into baseball is that, at some level, just don't understand how the game is played.

I spent one evening hearing from a friend about the basic fundamentals of the sport, and started getting interested. Explaining terms like pitch location and strategies like hitting for contact can do wonders for being able to understand the game within the game. Football afficionados roll their eyes each time John Madden would explain pass interference or holding, but to someone who didn't understand the game, those explanations made it watchable.

I'm not sure the extent to which you could do this, but if you made it a part of your broadcast, I would definitely listen.

Thanks Mr. Bass.

I have had a lot of trouble getting into baseball, mostly because I've never watched a great team play the game. With football, I had the Cowboys in the mid-90s. With hockey, I had the Stars. With basketball... well, I watched the Bulls a lot growing up.

But I never really watched any great baseball teams. I kinda liked the Ryne Sandberg/Andre Dawson/Mark Grace Cubbies, but I just had a hard time getting attached to any team long enough to learn the sport.

So... my suggestion is this: to build interest in the sport, the team, and, subsequently, your show, I would try to reach out to the baseball neophyte. This might mean rehashing some old stories that "everyone" knows. It might mean John Madden-ing up some baseball rules and strategies. But the biggest tune-out factor for myself and friends who can't get into baseball is that, at some level, just don't understand how the game is played.

I spent one evening hearing from a friend about the basic fundamentals of the sport, and started getting interested. Explaining terms like pitch location and strategies like hitting for contact can do wonders for being able to understand the game within the game. Football afficionados roll their eyes each time John Madden would explain pass interference or holding, but to someone who didn't understand the game, those explanations made it watchable.

I'm not sure the extent to which you could do this, but if you made it a part of your broadcast, I would definitely listen.

well....we do have former MLB pitcher Mike Bacsik on the show, and he gives some great insight on the nuances of the game, a lot of stuff even the baseball dork doesn't really think about. Good stuff so far. Texas might not make the playoffs, but they will compete throughout the summer. Give it a crack.

I yelled.. what a five batter stretch, David Murphy pinch hits and draws a walk to put the go ahead run at the plate, then Ian gets ROBBED by Sweeny!

Then in the ninth Marlon gets robbed on a double by a great catch, then Michael Young gets nailed on his way to third..... That was some hard baseball to watch... At least there was a homer to watch, but it wasn't enough...

Crap