What's Wrong With This Picture?

I love that this guy is trying to make this into a "liberal media" arguement. The reason Miss California's answer is controverial and Miss North Carolina's was not is b/c Miss California lost. The controversy stems from the question "if Miss California had supported gay marriage, would she had won?"

I also love this line: "It isn't surprising, perhaps, that gay marriage advocates would like to stigmatize and silence their opponents." Straight people are such pariahs.

I do agree with the author, however, in believing Perez Hilton just needs to go away.

Lastly, I feel we are all losing sight of the most important question in all of this though...why do we care what pretty women have to say?

The question should be, "Why was this question even asked in a beauty pagent?" Hilton, being gay, asked a loaded question and he should respect her honest answer whether he agrees with it or not. He should have been taken off of the judges panel for calling her a bitch anyway. He can disagree with her opinion, but being a judge in a beauty pagent is about judging their beauty not whether they share your (the judge's) political views.

The question should be, "Why was this question even asked in a beauty pagent?" Hilton, being gay, asked a loaded question and he should respect her honest answer whether he agrees with it or not. He should have been taken off of the judges panel for calling her a bitch anyway. He can disagree with her opinion, but being a judge in a beauty pagent is about judging their beauty not whether they share your (the judge's) political views.

Exactly right. Can you imagine a more moderate judge asking the same question, and then voting against the contestant because she was for homosexual "marriage"?

Which brings me to the REAL question that needs to be addressed here -

HOW HAS PEREZ HILTON MANAGED TO BECOME A HOUSEHOLD NAME IN THIS COUNTRY?!?!?!?

...thought I'd ask the obvious.

That too is an important question...and the answer tells us of the true idiocracy that has become our culture.

That is still secondary to the final question I raised, however.

That is still secondary to the final question I raised, however.

That a "pretty woman" was the one with the opinion is incidental. The issue is why is she being excoriated by Miss Hilton--and the press--for answering a question with an opinion in line with what she believes?

Gotta clarify this guys:

Perez Hilton is a bag of wind. He contributes nothing more than pointless gossip columns, and even those are shaky at best. I'd say he knows fashion, and that may have something to do with it, but he really doesn't. He's basically just a big, stupid queen.

Paris Hilton is also a big, stupid queen. The difference is that she's actually a woman, and not a gross caricature of one.

Which brings me to the REAL question that needs to be addressed here -

HOW HAS PEREZ HILTON MANAGED TO BECOME A HOUSEHOLD NAME IN THIS COUNTRY?!?!?!?

...thought I'd ask the obvious.

Just so you will know...I have never heard of this guy! I really can't say he is a "household name" in this country, but maybe he is for a bit more younger and artsy crowd. I have no clue. After reading about this, he seems to be just another of the "Celeb" crowd who have "mashed eggs" for brains and are all about themselves and their "cause"...usually at the expense of someone else.

As far as I am concerned the young lady gave an honest answer to a question that should NEVER have been asked in this setting. Shame on this guy for asking it in the first place, congrats to the young lady for providing an honest answer. Too bad it's only OK in America these days if you give the PC answer!

Just so you will know...I have never heard of this guy! I really can't say he is a "household name" in this country, but maybe he is for a bit more younger and artsy crowd. I have no clue. After reading about this, he seems to be just another of the "Celeb" crowd who have "mashed eggs" for brains and are all about themselves and their "cause"...usually at the expense of someone else.

As far as I am concerned the young lady gave an honest answer to a question that should NEVER have been asked in this setting. Shame on this guy for asking it in the first place, congrats to the young lady for providing an honest answer. Too bad it's only OK in America these days if you give the PC answer!

Kram.

I am the 'younger and artsy' type you've cited, and I do know of Perez Hilton. Despite not knowing anything about him, you summed up him and this whole situation perfectly.