To Shaft And All The Others Who Think We Need A Change

Green Dozer

I'm just about there with you. I'm on the boat of you need to give a coach 4 yrs before dropping the axe. The worse part of all of it is that it seems we are regressing. I don't think we are making progress in any facet of the game.

I wonder if Dodge can even lead the team to the buses in front of the athletic center when its time to leave. :blink:

I'm now of the mindset, Dodge can't do the program any more harm so let him stay on to next season.

Why not get another recruiting class out of him and give RV a year to shop for a new head coach.

If we are really going to have to pay through the nose to fire the guy, we should use him for all he's worth.

I'm now of the mindset, Dodge can't do the program any more harm so let him stay on to next season.

Why not get another recruiting class out of him and give RV a year to shop for a new head coach.

If we are really going to have to pay through the nose to fire the guy, we should use him for all he's worth.

Well if he leaves on his own I guess we woudn't have to pay him. I can hope.

Another class of wide receivers? I think you cut your losses, you promote Deloach. He knows UNT, and I am willing to not hold this season against him. Still don't think he should got a pass, but I will support him 150%. He knows these players, and he knows this administration. That bends that newbie curve real quick. And Shaft, sorry, but we can't take a chance on another year like the past two. If Dodge leaves now, all parties can say it just did not work.

Another class of wide receivers? I think you cut your losses, you promote Deloach. He knows UNT, and I am willing to not hold this season against him. Still don't think he should got a pass, but I will support him 150%. He knows these players, and he knows this administration. That bends that newbie curve real quick. And Shaft, sorry, but we can't take a chance on another year like the past two. If Dodge leaves now, all parties can say it just did not work.

I hope you mean promote Deloach only as an interm until the end of the season. Don't think running the worst, by far, defense in D1 rates a promotion to head coach.

I wonder if we will see Dodge re-assigned after next week's butt kicking. Don't know how effecive a recruiter he can be after this year.

Much better and accurate. Your right, Flair would not have quit. But then again, he didn't have Dodge as a coach. (LOL)

I'll always remember Flair on his knees begging for mercy, right before a cheap shot to some guys nads! :)

I hope you mean promote Deloach only as an interm until the end of the season. Don't think running the worst, by far, defense in D1 rates a promotion to head coach.

I wonder if we will see Dodge re-assigned after next week's butt kicking. Don't know how effecive a recruiter he can be after this year.

No, I do not mean interim. I agree he is running by far the worst defense Div. 1, heck maybe even Pee Wee. But we are talking one season, not two like the offense has had. And in some areas, I agree with the Deloach camp that there has been some improvement. But, Neuheisel wanted the defensive staff to stay at UCLA, and don't forget what our defenses did under him before. Then, most of all you have somebody who knows the off the field issues (drug tests, Rucker, and the ones that we do not know about), knows the players we have, knows the adm, resources, etc. I just think we go "in house" this time. We cannot fall further behind with a new regime coming in here.

And by the way, I was dragged to this Deloach thing because of my past comments. But, the people of that mindset have the best plan for our football program given ALL circumstance and issue right now. Not just whether we can run a play from under center.

No, I do not mean interim. I agree he is running by far the worst defense Div. 1, heck maybe even Pee Wee. But we are talking one season, not two like the offense has had. And in some areas, I agree with the Deloach camp that there has been some improvement. But, Neuheisel wanted the defensive staff to stay at UCLA, and don't forget what our defenses did under him before. Then, most of all you have somebody who knows the off the field issues (drug tests, Rucker, and the ones that we do not know about), knows the players we have, knows the adm, resources, etc. I just think we go "in house" this time. We cannot fall further behind with a new regime coming in here.

And by the way, I was dragged to this Deloach thing because of my past comments. But, the people of that mindset have the best plan for our football program given ALL circumstance and issue right now. Not just whether we can run a play from under center.

No offense, but you just can't reward failure. Period. Dodge and Deloach are in this together. If one goes, both should. I seriously doubt that if Dodge gets fired, the new head coach is going to want any assistant associated with this staff. And how can anyone say there has been defensive improvement on this team?!?! Mindblowing.

Couldn' find a pic, but remember "The Shiek". Man, imagine that poor wrestler trying to get through the airport today.

No offense, but you just can't reward failure. Period. Dodge and Deloach are in this together. If one goes, both should. I seriously doubt that if Dodge gets fired, the new head coach is going to want any assistant associated with this staff. And how can anyone say there has been defensive improvement on this team?!?! Mindblowing.

Couldn' find a pic, but remember "The Shiek". Man, imagine that poor wrestler trying to get through the airport today.

If I'm a coach making staff decisions, I would be an idiot to not look at each of their resumes individually.

Firing everyone on the spot without any interviews, research, etc...seems kneejerk. Maybe it is just me...