Substance Abuse

Charlie NT 73

People...People...can we move on...PLEASE...PLEASE!!!!! The drug test is OVER...there will be more to come...the players know that! Time to move on...for it or against it, good for you...MOVE ON!

Good News....No article in the Dallas Morning News today regarding UNT Football problems!!!! YIPPEE!!!!

Let's move on...UNT has a game to win this Saturday at WKU!!!! GO MEAN GREEN...and, by the play...Play the seniors and not just on the special teams!!!! They have earned the right to get some quality time. Who knows...UNT might even put up some great numbers Saturday!

Move on folks, it's football time!!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Wow, so no ethics of any kind? Rape coeds in front of the library as long as you win enough games?

No, we need to clean this up NOW. Get rid of the pot heads and don't recruit criminals.

I am not saying there isn't a limit but I also realize that if you want to have a successful team you probably wont have all angels on the team. Thugs are necessary because most of them are the ones with great talent. I would trade for being in the shoes of UT or Penn State then having a totally clean program and stink in football.

People...People...can we move on...PLEASE...PLEASE!!!!! The drug test is OVER...there will be more to come...the players know that! Time to move on...for it or against it, good for you...MOVE ON!

Good News....No article in the Dallas Morning News today regarding UNT Football problems!!!! YIPPEE!!!!

Let's move on...UNT has a game to win this Saturday at WKU!!!! GO MEAN GREEN...and, by the play...Play the seniors and not just on the special teams!!!! They have earned the right to get some quality time. Who knows...UNT might even put up some great numbers Saturday!

Move on folks, it's football time!!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto.

Newsflash-

Because Mack Brown and Bob Stoops already know what the result would be, it would be a moot point. Plus, they already know, legally, it's a low-level misdemeanor to be caught with a blunt. So, they realize what a waste of time and resources testing everyone would be.

Also, since they're teams aren't 0-8 and getting smoked by the likes of Florida International, they don't need an excuse for not being able to do their job. And, I doubt either of them would throw their own players under the bus so publicly anyway.

Finch....you have some intelligent, well thought out posts. This is not one of them. We have no idea what goes on inside the TX/OU programs, and I doubt that Mack Brown or Bob Stoops have time to think up these things as you say. It is obvious you do not like Todd Dodge, and judging by the results so far, who can blame you. But to say he would tinker with the lives of young men, kids who are his son's own age, is just ludicrous. He is not a low life like that at all, and to make those accusations in just plain wrong.

Again, if a car load of players had been killed in a car wreck late one night, and drugs were found to be involved, I think you would be hear saying Dodge should have known there was a problem, but chose to ignore it because it would make him look bad. We are all frustrated by the things going on in this program. What other programs do is their business, but Dodge made the right call in this situation. If it put one life back on the right path, then it was worth all the games that we have been blown out. This program is in shambles, not because of Dickey, but because of years of an apathetic administration and alumnae. It will not be fixed in just a matter of a couple years, it will take time. You cannot hunt elephants with bb guns and until dollars, instead of pennies are put into this program, nothing will change. It will not matter who the coach is. until more donors step up and take ownership.

Most employers, and I would assume North Texas is included, mandate a drug screen prior to hiring. They can also test in the future randomly if there is reason to test. Obviously Dodge had a reason to test the team.

I don't care if smoking pot is a misdemeanor or not, it is wrong and these young men, like it or not, are role models to a lot of young children in the community. Your excuses for why Brown and Stoops don't test are ridiculous. You test because it is the right thing to do. Dodge didn't throw anyone under the bus. The kids did it to themselves when they chose to participate in recreational drug use, so they get to suffer the consequences. I would really respect a player that chose to come forward, admit their mistake and commit to not doing it again.

Your analogy sounds like the student, when confronted about a failing grade from his/her parent states that the teacher gave me an F. Nope, you earned that F and are looking to place blame with others. Our society is full of people not wanting to take responsibility for their actions and people lining up to defend them or to look the other way.

This one is going on the wall next to the one I framed yesterday.

Newsflash-

Because Mack Brown and Bob Stoops already know what the result would be, it would be a moot point. Plus, they already know, legally, it's a low-level misdemeanor to be caught with a blunt. So, they realize what a waste of time and resources testing everyone would be.

Also, since they're teams aren't 0-8 and getting smoked by the likes of Florida International, they don't need an excuse for not being able to do their job. And, I doubt either of them would throw their own players under the bus so publicly anyway.

Also, since they're teams aren't 0-8 and getting smoked by the likes of Florida International, they don't need an excuse for not being able to do their job. And, I doubt either of them would throw their own players under the bus so publicly anyway

It seems to me that this has a ring of truth to me as well.

Also, since they're teams aren't 0-8 and getting smoked by the likes of Florida International, they don't need an excuse for not being able to do their job. And, I doubt either of them would throw their own players under the bus so publicly anyway

It seems to me that this has a ring of truth to me as well.

marshall-coke-head-football-players-come

Even at Marshall

They test randomly, as everyone does. They don't test everyone on the roster all in the same year. So, the point is not moot.

And, because both have had their share of dope-smokers, especially Brown, and not resorted to testing the whole team, the point is all the more salient. They work within the framework of what is already done. And, it works for them.

Dodge is different. He shouldn't be coaching college football and needs a good excuse for his poor performance. This won't give it to him, but, hey...against all rational judgement he did it anyway.

I don't know what Texas does, but I do know that at OU they test 100% of the players in season, and 20% out of season, FWIW.