Unt Vs. Fiu

chrisfisher

They've been advertising the game all week on channel 21. Would have been nice if we could have had all of this exposure during a season when we had something worth exposing. Based on what we've seen so far this year, this team should be kept under wraps. Hopefully, FIU represents a real opportunity for that to change.

I wonder if it will be the usual Espn++ guys instead of the high school quality team that did the first two games this year.

Green P1,

That high school quality team you are referring to, was it the one on the field. Because that was the only HS quality performances shown in the Tulsa & Rice broadcasts. Doug Anderson and LaDarrin McClain, both NT alums, did a quality job broadcasting those games. I agree that the sideline guy, Dave Knobler, was not good. But it was a TXA21 produced broadcast, which does nothing but help the program. I believe that the ESPN+ crew is doing the game today, but am not sure.

Green P1,

That high school quality team you are referring to, was it the one on the field. Because that was the only HS quality performances shown in the Tulsa & Rice broadcasts. Doug Anderson and LaDarrin McClain, both NT alums, did a quality job broadcasting those games. I agree that the sideline guy, Dave Knobler, was not good. But it was a TXA21 produced broadcast, which does nothing but help the program. I believe that the ESPN+ crew is doing the game today, but am not sure.

I can't attest to how good of a job Doug and LaDarrin did because for most of those games I had the TV on mute listening to Jub and Hank. The sideline guy was an absolute joke, but my gripe was with production quality. Camera angles, missed replays, missed plays because of replays...... I'm not sure it looks that great to have our logo attached to such sub par production quality, but I guess any publicity is good publicity.