UNT vs TAMU-Commerce

UNTX

TAMU-Commerce came to play tonight and gave the Mean Green fits. Davis continues to turn the ball over too much and we've got a problem passing the ball and with turnovers in general. Hit just 60% of our FT's. Attendance was better than I thought it would be. I'm not sure we hit 1000 but it may have been close, thanks in large part to Commerce bringing several hundred enthusiastic fans to the game.

Has anyone heard anything about Will Smith? He left the game in the second half and could not walk off the court unassisted. He didn't return of course and I didn't hear any mention of it on George and Hank's post game review. Anyone know anything? Hope he's OK - we don't need to lose anyone else.

I'm afraid that some folk's predictions of a 20+ win season are going to be disappointed this year. From the looks of things and the way the Belt has improved so far this season, we could very well take a step back this year. But keep the faith - JJ and his staff will continue to build the program, but we're probably two years away at this point. Like football, it will take some time to get us to where we're one of the top three teams in the conference and looking to make a run at a title.

One side note: Some guys in front of us in line to buy tickets tried to get upper deck seats for $5.00. They used to sell them that way. They aren't anymore. The woman working the table simply said they weren't selling tickets for the upper seats anymore. Your choice is $10 to get in - period. I guess this is good and that the AD is trying to fill the lower deck seats first, and then open the upper one's if there is demand for them. I just wonder if not offering cheaper seats ($10 is probably cheap enough) will hinder some people from making it to the games, such as local families with kids? I didn't notice if they offer a cheaper price for youths. Maybe they do. Filling the lower seats as much as possible will certainly look better when we have games televised.

That's it.

I think JJ knew we would win this game but wanted to give the team a scare and also take the opportunity to bench some players without sacrificing a win. Case in point: Chiles plays extensively, Lee Green doesn't. Jermaine Green did not play near as much as normal. Did I mention Chiles played a lot?

On last nights broadcast in the post game show Hank D said Will Smith had a severe leg cramp and was going to be fine. To which George D replied that was one of the worst cramps he'd seen, said Smith couldn't even straighten it out!

Awasom practiced with the team for the first time yesterday and JJ said he needed to learn the plays and probably would not see any time against Baylor.

I also agree that after the season last year our expectations were probably too high and we're not sneaking up on anyone anymore, kinda like last years football season. I too expect that with JJ and time we'll be contending for the NCAA invitation but not this year.

If you feel this year's team can get an NIT bid LOL! We have now lost big time to all area teams--TCU,SMU,BU and never fired a shot in any of them. Darn lucky to beat TAM-C, a D-II team. Cold shooting , no rebounding, no physical game under the net, poor passing---these are all present on this year's team. Looks like a VERY long BB season!!!