This thread title made me hope for the sequel to 2girls1cup. I am severely disappointed.

POLITICS IS BACK! HOORAY!

I can't wait to finally have someone help me stop being undecided. But which of you will post the smartest item? Will it be UNTPlaymaker's upcoming diatribe on universal health care? Chrisfishers' breakdown of the Iraq War? A guest visit from CheckFacts to teach me about Obama's resume? A treatise on Sarah Palin by KRAM1? That's the beauty of democracy - IT COULD BE ANY ONE OF THEM - OR EVEN ALL FOUR!

God bless America!

• Downvote 1

This thread title made me hope for the sequel to 2girls1cup. I am severely disappointed.

I can't wait to finally have someone help me stop being undecided. But which of you will post the smartest item? Will it be UNTPlaymaker's upcoming diatribe on universal health care? Chrisfishers' breakdown of the Iraq War? A guest visit from CheckFacts to teach me about Obama's resume? A treatise on Sarah Palin by KRAM1? That's the beauty of democracy - IT COULD BE ANY ONE OF THEM - OR EVEN ALL FOUR!

God bless America!

or it could be one of many trying to convince you that Obama really isn't for socialized national health care.

Quoner. Don't worry you'll figure it all out one of these days. And, when you do, please let us all know. You can start by picking up a copy of Grover Cleveland's new book "Leave Us Alone". Good read..you, like I, may not agree with everything he says, but the guy backs up what he is talking about with references you can actually check out. I did that very thing a couple of times. Happy reading.

God bless America!

I don't know why I thought of this but:

Marijuana should not be legal. It should be mandatory. Ever been behind the guy at an intersection honking his horn and going crazy?

"Shut up and smoke this!"

"Oh sorry dude. I was taking life seriously there for a minute."

-Bill Hicks

Yesterday I passed a random old man in the hallway of the building we park in. He said to me with a Texas twang, "That Obama's going downhill fast. What do you think of that?" Of all the one liners, sarcastic remarks, or actual dialogue I could have used to engage him, I just shrugged my shoulders and walked away. I'm going to try real hard to take that approach here, but in my heart I know it's only going to last a few days.

Out of curiosity I wonder how many threads get started by right wing attacks vs left wing attacks.

This is why I save my use of stats and research for the Vince Young threads.

I also can't wait for the debates. It will be a welcome break from the cesspool these campaigns have become.

Oh wait, it probably won't, but let me dream!

• Downvote 1

Yesterday I passed a random old man in the hallway of the building we park in. He said to me with a Texas twang, "That Obama's going downhill fast. What do you think of that?" Of all the one liners, sarcastic remarks, or actual dialogue I could have used to engage him, I just shrugged my shoulders and walked away. I'm going to try real hard to take that approach here, but in my heart I know it's only going to last a few days.

Out of curiosity I wonder how many threads get started by right wing attacks vs left wing attacks.

Being a liberal (or any kind of left leaning) individual in Texas is like being a blueberry floating in tomato soup.

Although I've already responded in another political thread, I'm thinking of taking your approach as well. No use getting my blood pressure up for something that's not going to make a difference in the outcome anyway.

I'm glad I live in a state where my presidential vote is more valuable.

I'm gonna try to stick to the football and bball boards until this s***storm blows over. (cue the tired jokes about liberals always running from a fight)

Peace out. Go Mean Green!!!