L S U Closed Today

ADLER

This message was sent out to all departments on campus today.

LSU Closure- due to potentially dangerous weather conditions, LSU will close today, Friday, September 12th at noon. Classes will resume on Monday.

Let's see, closed for classes the day before the worst of the storm hits Baton Rouge, but put people on an upper deck of that stadium as lightning targets while the tropical storm is raging Saturday evening?

Due to the high winds and heavy rains associated with Hurricane Ike, LSU classes will be canceled today, Sept. 12, beginning at noon.

While the storm is expected to make landfall in Texas, our area will receive inclement weather from the hurricane's outer bands. All members of the LSU community are urged to be cautious through the weekend, as roof shingles and tree limbs weakened by Hurricane Gustav could be prone to falling during Hurricane Ike. The LSU Emergency Operations Center asks the LSU family to be mindful of weather conditions when going outdoors, walking on campus, or parking under trees this weekend.

The LSU Agricultural Center Baton Rouge offices, the University Laboratory School, and The LSU Child Care Center will also close at noon. The LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center will close at 12:30 pm.

The LSU Friday closure will not affect the status of the LSU vs. University of North Texas football game scheduled for 7:00 pm Saturday evening.

For their safety and security, faculty and staff are being asked not to report for work unless they have been previously designated as essential in emergency situations. Employees should check with their supervisors to determine if they are classified as essential personnel.

Residential Life facilities, including all residence halls, campus apartments and family and graduate housing, will remain open.

The university will reopen and classes will resume on Monday, Sept. 15.

Edited by ADLER

They should have moved the game... I bet the SLU officials are worried now that their school is closed but they have a game tommorrow during the brunt of the storm. Hey Tropical Storm conditions can maybe help with turnovers so there you go.

Denton is expected to have tropical storm winds and rains as well... They are calling for squalls to occurs in Denton on Saturday into Sunday.

OK, so extreme drunkedness officially started at noon today.

I'm going to go out on a limb here with an off the wall prediction. Something bad (and not football related) is going to happen at this game.

There are going to be far too many tickets handed down to teenagers because rational adults simply aren't interested in watching this game during this weather. This will be the big opportunity for many of them to don their finest purple garb and realize their trailer trash fantasies. There will be too many intoxicated, unsupervised, feral degenerates congregated in one place for something bad not to happen.

OK, so extreme drunkedness officially started at noon today.

I'm going to go out on a limb here with an off the wall prediction. Something bad (and not football related) is going to happen at this game.

There are going to be far too many tickets handed down to teenagers because rational adults simply aren't interested in watching this game during this weather. This will be the big opportunity for many of them to don their finest purple garb and realize their trailer trash fantasies. There will be too many intoxicated, unsupervised, feral degenerates congregated in one place for something bad not to happen.

You just described most of the state. I don't see how changing the stadium fan mix from 70/30 to 80/20 will make too big a difference.

Nothing is going to happen! The reason classes were canceled TODAY is because today is when we are getting all the bad weather.

Forecast for Tommorrow during the day is Gust of 30mph and 40% chance of storms. By the afternoon that is down to 20 mph gust and 15% chance of rain.

Gametime it will be scattered showers with lite wind gust.

And after 3 weeks of this BS there isnt ANYONE thats gonna be giving their tickets away, we all need a break and release from all this hurricane BS.

Between this thread and the acuattly game thread I dont see how y'all dont have more people standing on ledges out there.

Nothing is going to happen! The reason classes were canceled TODAY is because today is when we are getting all the bad weather.

Forecast for Tommorrow during the day is Gust of 30mph and 40% chance of storms. By the afternoon that is down to 20 mph gust and 15% chance of rain.

Gametime it will be scattered showers with lite wind gust.

And after 3 weeks of this BS there isnt ANYONE thats gonna be giving their tickets away, we all need a break and release from all this hurricane BS.

Between this thread and the acuattly game thread I dont see how y'all dont have more people standing on ledges out there.

If you're implying that we should spend more time being concerned for our team's well being against a physically dominant roster, then I say good day.

Also, if you wrote for a newspaper, I would start an aggressive letter writing campaign against you and boycott said paper.

Respect us for we are gods!

If you're implying that we should spend more time being concerned for our team's well being against a physically dominant roster, then I say good day.

I'm implying that there are some doom and gloom posters on this board.

Also, if you wrote for a newspaper, I would start an aggressive letter writing campaign against you and boycott said paper.
You have alot of time on your hands dont ya

Respect us for we are gods!

Then I must "order you to cease any, and all, supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension."