Hall Of Fame Dedication

NT Drummer

From the Tulsa Game Notes, and I think it was also in the e-mail sent to Mean Green Club members:

Hall of Fame Dedication – The North Texas athletics department will host a reception and dedication ceremony Saturday afternoon, to officially unveil the T.D. Parks Hall of Fame that is housed in the lobby of the Mean Green Athletic Center. The event will begin at 2:30 p.m. in the athletic center with the opening remarks from C. Dan Smith, who is a former North Texas football letterman and current member of the University’s Board of Regents. Smith was instrumental in the completion of the project, which was named for his late friend and teammate Terry Don Parks. Smith and Parks played football for North Texas in the late 1950’s and early 1960’s, leading a team that played in the 1959 Sun Bowl and was ranked as high as No. 16 in the Associated Press college football poll.

I remember a thread about the donation for the Hall of Fame, but I don't remember anyone else mentioning the dedication ceremony. I'm not sure if I'll make it up to Denton in time, but I'm going to try - I haven't had an opportunity to go inside the Athletic Center yet.