Notes On Second Practice Today

Harry

if you can get a good year and a half out of a JUCO you are doing pretty good, and yeah while I like their size I wonder how long big guys that can last. I hope I am wrong and these two guys end up being 1st team All Sun Belt selections in their first year. And yes I think conditioning is a concern.

From most reports it sounds as though they have been pretty dominant. I really think that Oline could turn out as a bright spot this year. The jucos along with All Belt caliber Drake at center. And I was really impressed with Esteban last year.

A running game with options will be a help as well. Micah with your consistent 3 yds, Cam should hopefully have a breakout year, and then Dunbar has been getting great reviews

if you can get a good year and a half out of a JUCO you are doing pretty good, and yeah while I like their size I wonder how long big guys that can last. I hope I am wrong and these two guys end up being 1st team All Sun Belt selections in their first year. And yes I think conditioning is a concern.

I was able to watch a couple of the practices last week and it did seem to me that condition was an issue with the 2 JUCOs, but it's so early in the year and they sure did look talented (not to mention huge). I could sure see them doing well in limited playing time with a little butt kicking in practice over the next couple of weeks and could see them being fantastic by the time Sun Belt play starts. It's optimistic, I know, but from my own experience with basketball those first few weeks of practice make a huge difference in conditioning. The rubber will hit the road in a couple of weeks in Manhattan, and we should know by then if we can expect much from our incoming titans/kung-fu pandas.

SKADOOSH!

Regarding Jenkins and Hollivay, I was surprised at their reporting

weight too. I would think these two guys would have paid close

attention to their off season diet and conditioning work outs before

fall practice started. These two JUCO's were recruited to come North

Texas football to make a improvement in the OL. No one seemed to

complain when they commited to North Texas, so lets give these guys

a chance. I am sure the NT coaches see what is going on as far as

conditioning, and I am sure the coaches can motivate these guys.

I do like the idea of Jenkins and Hollivay moving to the guard positions,

and sliding Santiago over to tackle. Bailey, Johnson, and Rose as the

rotation. Hopefully Tomlinson can help out later on too.

Look at K-State, which recruited 19 JUCO's for 2008. Maybe all of their

JUCO's need conditioning too. Does this point give us a edge for the

season opener?

Like I said before, I don't think they were recruited to sit the pine. I expect both of them to start. At the very least, they will both be heavily involved in the rotation. Maybe we shouldn't expect any O-Lineman to play the entire game in this fast-paced offense. I think they will both start and be periodically spelled by Johnson and others.

agreed