40 Guests Attended The Mean Green Social

WIFE2HOT4U

There is one coming up in Denton per the Athletic Department

Just like the last one it is not really being promoted

So shall we pack it and civilly demand some answers for these kinds of questions?

Probably the best forum for it since media coverage will be probably non-existent

Like I posted before, the gist of it is this. They don't really know what they were doing with these events. part fundraiser part info session, 100% poorly executed.

Edited by Green Nightmare

I'm happy they are doing events like this. Yes, it could have been better organized and better advertised. I'm

glad they're reaching out to the outerlying communities. Sad to say, but I would like to think groundwork is being

laid for the development of fans outside Denton. Keep reaching out to others and getting a little success in our programs will bring fans. We are probably and sadly now just laying the groundwork. The future isn't written yet. That is why this years football season is so crucial to bringing some more excitement to the program. Lets pump up the program guys. Keep your heads up.

GMG

There is one coming up in Denton per the Athletic Department

Just like the last one it is not really being promoted

So shall we pack it and civilly demand some answers for these kinds of questions?

THIS. Key here is 'civilly', but I think we'd get some kind of answers out of them if a decent amount of people showed up with a purpose. In this case, there was a free lunch involved, there may be other slight benefits to going as well.

Trophy Club???? Did anyone really think that was a good location for such an event? Very difficult to get to at the time of the events...pretty far "out of the way" for folks who work in DFW to get there...and back to work in a reasonable time, etc., etc. I would have gone, but could not take 3-4 hours out of my work day to get to the Trophy Club, attend the event and get back to work. They probably got the location for "free" and a deal on the refreshments, so it made some sense to give it a try...OK, live and learn.

Adler is correct in some respects regarding the impact our Prez could and should have on the program. No, she is not responsible for the poor turn outs...that falls at the feet of the athletic dept., their marketing and planning efforts, bout I give them "props" for reaching out and trying to get folks involved. Maybe a few of the "few" who attended will buy some tickets and attend games this year. Some folks in that Trophy Club area must be trying to get some good PR going for the Mean Green. Give them support, and help...it could be a good thing in the long run.

Lots of folks across the university and lots of alums and supporters are working hard to try to turn this thing around. Each and every one of them deserve our thanks. It takes a bunch of dedicated...working folks...working over the long haul...who don't "get their panties in a wad" each and every time something looks "wrong" to them or they think someone "goofed" or they think they were snubbed somehow. Man, if I took all that stuff personally, I would have stopped trying, volunteering, donating, buying tickets, etc., etc. a LONG time ago. It is easy to sit back and constantly complain...it is another thing altogether to get off your "duff" and try to be part of the solution. Excuses are "easy" and I am sure they make some folks feel very good about their rationalizations, but they do not help anyone move the program forward.

Does all this mean to blindly "follow and believe"? Heck no...but, you have a lot more credibility in talking to folks in the Prez's office, athletic dept., etc., etc. if they recognize you as a doner, a ticket buyer, one who actually attends games and university events, a president's council member, a member of the Mean Green Club and the Exes (oops...Alumni Assoc.).

Adler says he has been around the program for 25 years...through think and thin...and yes, he can get pretty frustrated at times, but he continues to work to make this thing better. For me, that's the way to go...make something happen...join the effort...Man, you will get a bit frustrated and "unhappy" at times, but you will have one heck of a great time trying and you will meet and work with some great folks along the way. Come join the ride...you will be glad you did!

GO MEAN GREEN!

From the way this was set up - a lunch in trophy club during the week, I don't think they were hoping for or were expecting a whole lot of people. That being said - WHY did they not want a lot of people to show? Why wouldn't they set this up for a weekend and reserve a large gathering place? Are they just holding out for the dinner thing at the AC? It is a bit strange to basically set up these small gatherings during week days at lunch time. I'd like to hear what RV and TD were thinking when they set this up.

On the web site, it says that posted July 14th, was a luncheon yesturday, July 16th. Is this the same one that most of this thread is about? I don't see one listed for July 18th. Nor do I understand why they seem to be having them in Trophy Club, but if there were only 5-7 regulars at the thing, and the web site says more than 40, it's just another example of how poorly things are being done over there.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

On the web site, it says that posted July 14th, was a luncheon yesturday, July 16th. Is this the same one that most of this thread is about? I don't see one listed for July 18th. Nor do I understand why they seem to be having them in Trophy Club, but if there were only 5-7 regulars at the thing, and the web site says more than 40, it's just another example of how poorly things are being done over there.

If nothing good is happening and there is not interest, is it time to just shut down the athletic program and move on ? :ph34r:

If nothing good is happening and there is not interest, is it time to just shut down the athletic program and move on ? :ph34r:

Oh there is good things happening. We have a great new women's bball coach, football season is almost here, men's bball has back to back 20 win seasons, no need to shut it down. :D

Might need some new direction from the AD position, but no need to shut the whole program down.

This may be a dumb question but I looked and the only group with athletics had 43 members is that the one? Other than that i couldn't find a group on facebook for athletics.

Got it via the North Texas Exes Alumni Association group with 434 members