If You Like Feminine Flopping

Does watching this series make anyone else feel at least sightly less depressed about what the Mavericks threw out there in round one?

Take that Houston (Obligatory shot at in state non-rival)

Hornets are solid. I think what makes our misery so AWASOME is that we've been pulling off these disasters since the finals two years ago.

Does watching this series make anyone else feel at least sightly less depressed about what the Mavericks threw out there in round one?

Take that Houston (Obligatory shot at in state non-rival)

I gotta say that I knew the Hornets were good but I didnt expect to see them dismantle Dallas and quite possibly will dismantle the Spurs the whole series. Chris Paul is such a manbeast and he just makes the whole team go. He is clearly the best PG in the game today right ahead of Deron Williams. I think not only are the Hornets talented from top to bottom but they are young, athletic and hungry. Dallas looks 90 years old out there and I think the Spurs age is really starting to set in. Other than the big 3, the Spurs have big bags of nothing with an occasional spark from Finley. I think the Hornets will give the Lakers a run for their money.

Hornets are solid. I think what makes our misery so AWASOME is that we've been pulling off these disasters since the finals two years ago.

I'm just saying that maybe what the Hornets are doing to the Spares might lessen the view of this year as a Disaster. I don't think very many people viewed them as a legit #2 seed when the playoffs began.

Actually, the Rockets would have welcomed an opening round against the Hornets. They matched up well against them. Split the season series.

But yes, the Hornets look to be legit and I'm glad to see the Spurs fail.

Maybe the Mavericks would have welcomed an opening round series with the Jazz. Josh always seems to bring his A game aginst them.

Maybe the Mavericks would have welcomed an opening round series with the Jazz. Josh always seems to bring his A game aginst them.

I'd welcome anyone beating the Jazz. Even the Spurs.

Truth be told, however, the Hornets are playing good ball right now. They are actually a pretty fun team to watch. Even more so at the Spurs expense. Im trying to stay interested in NBA basketball now that the Rockets and Mavs are out, but it isn't easy. The nostalgic part of me (no, not THAT legendary piece) is kind of hoping for an LA-Boston showdown. I know, I know...

Actually, the Rockets would have welcomed an opening round against the Hornets. They matched up well against them. Split the season series.

Where are the Spurs monkeys anyway?

I dont know. I've been poking at the hive, can't seem to rile any of them up. I imagine if they win a game or two at home, we'll start hearing from them...

Theory 1: I guess people just tune in for our insincere and asinine Houston/Dallas rivalry banter.

Theory 2: Immigration crackdowns have greatly reduced their number (crosses fingers that someone turns this thread into an immigration debate.)

jj.jpg??????

I thought he got "deported" when we got Kidd and Lue. Or is that stapled to the bench before he walks this summer? I always get those terms confused.

Guest JohnDenver

Spurs split the season with the Hornets.

Mavs split the season with the Hornets.

Doesn't seem to be bothering the Hornets too much.

I like CP. My wife really likes him.. goes back to some NPR interview he did last year. He seems like a nice guy.

But his flopping is out of control! He is another Manu.

Also, I think Chandler is a titty baby and West always has a grimace on his face. Those three things prevent me from enjoying their game.

The Spurs have three players that annoy me, but I have gotten used to them. Bowen (never gets called for being handsy), Duncan (does he ever foul?) and Manu (must be made of the lightest weight paper). However, I am going for the Spurs on this one.

As for the Lakers and Celtics? I would rather shoot myself. It may come to that. Lord have mercy.

I dont know. I've been poking at the hive, can't seem to rile any of them up. I imagine if they win a game or two at home, we'll start hearing from them...

Come back Spurs monkeys! Things are all square again!

Spurs win the series... nice one!!

This is for you: http://tysports.blogspot.com/2008/05/fun-w...urshornets.html

That's a video montage anyone can be proud of! The NBA deserves Spurs/Pistons...if only to give the NHL a chance to see if they could score a 4-5.0 with Pens/Wings against that crap.

That's a video montage anyone can be proud of! The NBA deserves Spurs/Pistons...if only to give the NHL a chance to see if they could score a 4-5.0 with Pens/Wings against that crap.

Great write up Quoner. I love it! The Spurs seem to be a team people love to hate. I can understand it. They are not flashy. They are methodical and out execute you to death. I love the post-game interview with Ginobili last night. His attitude sums up the Spurs. The TV interviewer asks him if he loved that he is a starter for the past few games. Ginobili says, "No. I love winning, not starting. I could care less when I play. If Popivich needs me to go back to the bench to give us the best chance to win for the LA series than I am happy to do so." The unselfishness on this team is incredible..... Go SPURS!

Edited by chrisfisher

If you think hockey, which I am a fan of, would have an ice cubes chance in hell of outdrawing a the two worst teams in the NBA, let alone the two best, then you are as stupid as you are funny. And I believe you are an extremely funny person. While I am a Spurs fan, I can understand the dislike for them. They don't do any of the stupid shit the SportsCenter fans love. All they do is win championships. Will the Spurs win a fifth title, I don't know. But I am sure of one thing, even if they don't, they will still have two more than the Rockets and four more than the Mavericks.

If you think hockey, which I am a fan of, would have an ice cubes chance in hell of outdrawing a the two worst teams in the NBA, let alone the two best, then you are as stupid as you are funny. And I believe you are an extremely funny person. While I am a Spurs fan, I can understand the dislike for them. They don't do any of the stupid shit the SportsCenter fans love. All they do is win championships. Will the Spurs win a fifth title, I don't know. But I am sure of one thing, even if they don't, they will still have two more than the Rockets and four more than the Mavericks.

Me saying things sarcastically is as reliable as you missing sarcasm or exaggeration and responding with a serious and somewhat angry statement.

I guess I am too stupid to understand why that "highlight video" of game 6 is good for basketball. I have also watched maybe an aggregate of 56 minutes of Sportscenter excluding with the sound off in bars, so I guess its not TV that blinds me about it.

At least hockey has its too best skating teams to showcase everything that makes it a great sport. A Spurs/Pistons Finals will mostly remind America of everything that sucks about the NBA.

Me saying things sarcastically is as reliable as you missing sarcasm or exaggeration and responding with a serious and somewhat angry statement.

I guess I am too stupid to understand why that "highlight video" of game 6 is good for basketball. I have also watched maybe an aggregate of 56 minutes of Sportscenter excluding with the sound off in bars, so I guess its not TV that blinds me about it.

At least hockey has its too best skating teams to showcase everything that makes it a great sport. A Spurs/Pistons Finals will mostly remind America of everything that sucks about the NBA.

Quoner,

You chastise me for missing sarcasm. I'm surprised so didn't drown from the sarcasm flooding, not dripping, from my post.

I just thought about it, I'm appoligizing to a guy who runs a fluffy kitten joke blog. WHY?

Edited by GreenBat