Pre Season Rankings & Reviews

From The Quad

...It’s time to start talking college football! The season begins on Aug. 28 and to get you ready for that momentous date, The Quad is ranking all 120 Football Bowl Subdivision teams. We’ll begin today with No. 120 and reveal one each day until we get to No. 1. In addition to ranking the teams, we’ll provide plenty of relevant on-the-field facts as well as some fun off-the-field tidbits that you can use to impress your friends......

The New York Times blog (the Quad) is reviewing and ranking teams. They started with #120 and are ranking/reviews a team a day. They are at #116 with todays review & ranking of UL-Lafayette.

North Texas is mentioned as a prominent game for all three Belt teams ranked & reviewed so far (WKU, FIU, and UL-lafayette).

So Far

#120 Western Kentucky

#119 Utah State

#118 Florida International

#117 Idaho

#116 UL-Lafayette

THE QUAD

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/

Edited by MeanGreen61

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#107 SMU

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/1...7-smu/#more-883

Who's #106? the only team on the Countdown with a tide related nickname.

Are they just counting down the bottom 20 or all 120 teams...I ask b/c I can think of two "tide related nicknames"

2008 schedule:

Aug. 29 @ Rice

Sept. 6 Texas State

Sept. 13 @ Texas Tech

Sept. 20 T.C.U.

Sept. 25 @ Tulane

Oct. 4 @ U.C.F.

Oct. 11 Tulsa

Oct. 18 Houston

Oct. 25 @ Navy

Nov. 8 Memphis

Nov. 15 @ UTEP

Nov. 29 Southern Mississippi

Man, how I would love to have this schedule. That is why CUSA is more appealling than the WAC, but then again, the Sun Belt is getting better.

I'm betting it will be Alabama at 106.

You could certainly be right. I thought the same except the clue is "related to" not "is". We'll see!! UNT will be 90-94 somewhere. I get the feeling they just take old rankings and rename them......at the bottom. They give more thought to it when they get abouve 50 or so.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Are they just counting down the bottom 20 or all 120 teams...I ask b/c I can think of two "tide related nicknames"

All 120...and you can bet your sweet bippy that it won't be Alabama. This "tide-related" name is more than likely green rather than red.