Media Guides

ADLER

100_6744.jpg?t=1207962381

now on Ebay....

1960s NORTH TEXAS STATE UNIV BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDES

(4) vintage North Texas State University Media Guides from 1967-68, 1968-69, 1969-70, and 1970-71. All are in Excellent, like new condition.

ebay

Look at the 1968-69 guide. It's sure odd to think of the pit as existing during those ancient times.....during the Beatles, LBJ, and before the Apollo Moon landing. That building is still impressive today.

100_6744.jpg?t=1207962381

now on Ebay....

1960s NORTH TEXAS STATE UNIV BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDES

(4) vintage North Texas State University Media Guides from 1967-68, 1968-69, 1969-70, and 1970-71. All are in Excellent, like new condition.

ebay

Look at the 1968-69 guide. It's sure odd to think of the pit as existing during those ancient times.....during the Beatles, LBJ, and before the Apollo Moon landing. That building is still impressive today.

Actually those teams played in the original pit.

It was before my time (at NT)...but what was the first year in the Super Pit?

Anyway, I can see why Adler thought we were already playing there in 1968....because the 68-69 media guide clearly has a picture of The SUPER PIT on the front cover.

It was before my time (at NT)...but what was the first year in the Super Pit?

Anyway, I can see why Adler thought we were already playing there in 1968....because the 68-69 media guide clearly has a picture of The SUPER PIT on the front cover.

It opened in 1973. That is an architectural drawing of the proposed North Texas Colesium. It took 5 years to reach that goal. Now about that new football staduim...

It opened in 1973. That is an architectural drawing of the proposed North Texas Colesium. It took 5 years to reach that goal. Now about that new football staduim...

Thanks. I too thought that the Super Pit was opened around '73, but I was suprised to see what appeared to be a photograph of it on the cover of the 1968 media guide. That architectural drawing sure looks like a photograph though, especially with the foliage in the picture.

I figured that some of our more senior members would solve this mystery.

Thanks. I too thought that the Super Pit was opened around '73, but I was suprised to see what appeared to be a photograph of it on the cover of the 1968 media guide. That architectural drawing sure looks like a photograph though, especially with the foliage in the picture.

Interesting that the drawing shows stairs leading down to the NT Blvd side of the Pit. I always wondered why they never actually put steps there on the side facing the main parking lot for the arena. It could be that it ended up being too close to the street and too steep for steps there so they moved them instead to the side (by the Gateway Center).

Interesting that the drawing shows stairs leading down to the NT Blvd side of the Pit. I always wondered why they never actually put steps there on the side facing the main parking lot for the arena. It could be that it ended up being too close to the street and too steep for steps there so they moved them instead to the side (by the Gateway Center).

True, that is a curious development. It would seem that a wide bridge over North Texas Avenue (as pictured) with steps to the parking lot would be an ideal design. Not only would it be safer an more convenient for the fans, especially mobily impaired fans, but it could also provide a covered entrance section for the visiting team's busses to load and unload at that lower west side door entrance.

It was probably a cost consideration, but that was before North Texas Avenue contained as much traffic as it currently does.