Former Unt Lb Doing Very Well!

slop64

Didn't his name come up earlier this offseason as a possible coaching staff addition? Some people thought it was a great idea and others didn't think that anyone would go from NFL to college....

It was Adler who brought up Jeff's name and Retso poo pood the idea.

C'mon...I love UNt but if he picks a job with UNT as a SPT coach instead of an NFL job...I am not sure I would want him due to stupidity....

Denton is a great place to live, but SF might have an edge over us....as would the pay , lifestyle, first class jets, hotels etc...etc...etc.....

I guess the Little Apple (Manhattan, Kansas) has a better lifestyle than Denton. I'm disappointed that Jeff would rather be a special teams coach in Kansas then a position coach at his university. Does this say something about the state of NTs program? Not saying it does, just asking.

At KSU he gets the chance to coach at a major BCS conference school, learn the game under a proven collegiate head coach, and all while being paid more money. He made a good choice.

If Ron Prince's strategy of building a Big XII team almost entirely upon Juco transfers doesn't work, he may not be there a whole lot longer.

If Ron Prince's strategy of building a Big XII team almost entirely upon Juco transfers doesn't work, he may not be there a whole lot longer.

I doubt that Jeff will be reliant on the junior college ranks for tallent. I think his father may be of some assistance with that situation.

Rivals and Rexas Football seem to reinforce my point.

Oh well, we needed a defensive coach familiar with coaching linebackers and special teams, and one that had been coaching those at North Texas, at the BCS and NFL levels, excelled playing at both under Gary DeLoach, is a faithful North Texas alumnus, and has about as many recruiting ties in Texas as could legally exist.......additionally, a four year college honor student that had also played his high school ball for Elizabeth Dodge's father at Austin Westlake...

Well, if North Texas did inquire and just couldn't meet the salary requirements, well, that's one thing. If North Texas didn't even inquire, well, that's another.

I don't know what all happened or didn't happen, but I hate to think such an opportunity has been missed.