Cbi Field

CMJ

Seems to be trickling in team by team with no brackets.

Here is what I've been able to find so far.

Houston

Virginia

Ohio

Brown

Utah

Washington

Cincinatti

UTEP

Bradley

Richmond

Nevada

Tulsa

Seton Hall

UNC Wilmington

IUPUI

Rider

Edited by CMJ

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well only 1 of 3 so far that has accepted is from a BCS league...so prolly a good shot. Alabama and Missouri both said in the press they wouldn't play in the NIT.

I think you meant to say that those two schools said they wouldn't play in the CBI...right?

I think you meant to say that those two schools said they wouldn't play in the CBI...right?

Yes, I apologize. I was watching the NIT selection show at the time. :lol:

(BTW - the NIT is gonna be fun to watch this year for junkies like myself...some great matchups)

Edited by CMJ

Wake Forest says they aren't interested in CBI Tourney.

MUTS is willing to pay on road in CBI. A CBI home game requires a $50,000 guarantee.

good thing we got 2 teams in the BIG DANCE , now teams like us & the MUTs can use that Xtra$$ for this tourney... if we get asked that is

I actually think that the guarantee is $60,000....

Anyway......there's actually a new tourney being added for women's b-ball, too. (With a new coach, we may have more opportunities for post season play in the future). With the CBI....there are now 113 men's teams playing in post season.

The women, send 64 to the NCAA....48 to the WNIT (that's 16 more than the NIT).....and 32 to this new tournament. So, the women have 144 post season teams playing. Here's what I found about their new tournament:

The women's game recently announced the addition of a third postseason event {The NCAA Tournament, the Women's The Women's Post-Season NIT (WNIT) and the Women's National Invitational Championship (WNIC)}. The women's NCAA Tournament features 64 teams, the WNIT features 48 teams and the WNIC features 32 teams for a total of 144 Division I programs on the women's side enjoying postseason. The WNIT and WNIC are both not run by the NCAA.

Among the schools waiting to be invited to the CBI (from a quick internet scan)...include: Washington, Nevada, Bradley.

Not sure if those will get invites...but according to the internet....those schools would accept.

Among the schools waiting to be invited to the CBI (from a quick internet scan)...include: Washington, Nevada, Bradley.

Not sure if those will get invites...but according to the internet....those schools would accept.

Add BaMa to that list

I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of schools....accepting invites to the CBI. I figured they'd be turned down by a lot of "name" schools. Makes me wish that we would get an invite....but I think our chances are slim and getting slimmer.

I've read multiple sources saying Alabama would reject a CBI invite.

The 2 articles I read , it was the Bama coach , Gottfried who said they would want to play in either. However you may be right , I'm sure it would be up to the Administration , but $$ shouldn't be a problem

Bradley is definitely in. From the Seattle paper......announcing UW's invite:

UW in CBI and likely to host Wednesday

Posted by Bob Condotta

That's the word from UW, that the Huskies have been invited. But there is no official word yet on the field itself.

We should know in the next half-hour or so who the Huskies will host on Wednesday and the rest of the field so I'll pass that along as soon as it comes.

Here's a link to the bracket, which should soon be filled.

UPDATE --- The Sonics have a home game with Phoenix on Wednesday night scheduled for telecast on FSN-Northwest, so there might not be local TV for this game unless it's at an unusual start time.

UPDATED UPATE --- As of 8:20, still no word on an opponent for the Huskies, or an official CBI field. However, we're told UW did practice today already in anticipation of a bid. Jon Brockman, still ailing with a sprained ankle, did not practice.

MORE ON THE FIELD --- Other teams that will play in the CBI are Virginia, Houston, Utah and Bradley, and apparently Alabama. So there will be some big names.