Unt Vs Fau

Mad Hatter

We had Josh go out with a concussion, Keith was at about 50%, Quincy AND Collin fouled out yet we still had a decent lead with 4 minutes to go. Sure, we gave the lead up, but after facing all that adversity so well I'm not sure you can say we were outcoached. The loss sucks, and we were OUTREBOUNDED which never happens to us. I mean I'm not excusing the loss, but I don't see how you can lay this on the players or Coach Jones. It was just one of those games....that suck.

I'm very upset, but I can't blame anyone for this.

We had Josh go out with a concussion, Keith was at about 50%, Quincy AND Collin fouled out yet we still had a decent lead with 4 minutes to go. Sure, we gave the lead up, but after facing all that adversity so well I'm not sure you can say we were outcoached. The loss sucks, and we were OUTREBOUNDED which never happens to us. I mean I'm not excusing the loss, but I don't see how you can lay this on the players or Coach Jones. It was just one of those games....that suck.

I'm very upset, but I can't blame anyone for this.

I blame you. You're a freaking jinx.

There.

If ever a team needed an 8-day break, it is ours.

(We don't play again, until a week from tomorrow---Sunday the 27th).

Hopefully, that'll allow time for Josh to get over his concussion.....and time for everyone to finally shake the flu. Hank acted as if Keith was still battling the flu, with the way he described him.

Anyway, this season is still very savageable....GMG!

A disappointing loss, but after watching the game Thursday; I feared that NT would also lose to lowly FAU. This team is totally out of sync, hopefully they can recover from all the injuries and illness. The team I thought was one of the most talented in NT history has looked mediocre at best in conference play. I think the major problem is that with all the new players and health issues, NT has not established a consistent rotation. NT is also getting killed in the front court without a healthy Wooden. None of NT back up front court have demonstrated they are anything but spot minute players.

Other Belt scores:

New Orleans 82

Middle Tenn. St. 75 OT

LA Monroe 68

Florida Intl. 66

South Alabama 72

AR Little Rock 65

Troy 89

Arkansas St. 80

West. Kentucky 69

LA Lafayette 66

Basically this puts Denver into sole possession of the West at 4-2...because they were idle. New Orleans, UALR, and ULL sit at half a game back and we're at a game and a half out. The West is completely up for grabs really. I know I've said this in the past, but I think the West Champ will be 11-7 AT BEST. Amazingly, we're still very much in this. If we can get back on track, all our goals are still attainable.

Yes, a very disappointing loss. But we actually played much better than I expected given the current circumstances with injuries and the flu. I am just not going to make judgment calls right now. The are to many confounds in these last 2 losses to have an accurate idea of where we stand conference wise. I think those that do use these game as some relevant predictor of our team and JJ for the rest of the season should not be surprised if their predictions fall short. I think we will see the same team we have rallied around all season reemerge by either the Middle Tennessee or South Alabama game. I'll make one more prediction.....another road loss and I think Ebone will return to the forum calling for JJ's head :D should be a fun season.....

Edited by chrisfisher