Ringing Endorsements

mean green d

Guest 97and03

You know that's a punk thing to write. Why do you have to do that?

It was a little funny.

I am very excited about these two outstanding athletes. Hill's return ability makes his recruitment that much more valuable.

Good job Dodge!

I don't see how that was a "punk thing" to write... was it because I said he was going to be on the bench or that I called him "Hair"? It's a term of endearment, my Mean Green friend.

Our punt return man was atrocious last year. How times were we pinned inside the 5 yard line because he waved off beyond the 10? Do you know what we averaged on punt returns last season? 8.05 yards per return, 74th in the nation.

I'm glad that we got a guy who can make an impact as a freshman. i can't wait to see these guy get his hands on the ball.

I don't see how that was a "punk thing" to write... was it because I said he was going to be on the bench or that I called him "Hair"? It's a term of endearment, my Mean Green friend.

Our punt return man was atrocious last year. How times were we pinned inside the 5 yard line because he waved off beyond the 10? Do you know what we averaged on punt returns last season? 8.05 yards per return, 74th in the nation.

I'm glad that we got a guy who can make an impact as a freshman. i can't wait to see these guy get his hands on the ball.

I hardly think you are using it as a term of endearment. You're trying to slight the kid plain and simple. Also didn't someone post on another thread that his return numbers last season were better than Quinn's return numbers? (And back to the BS term of endearment - I'm sure you'd walk up to Johnny Quinn and greet him as The Mighty Quinn but would you walk up to Evan and greet him as Hair. I doubt it.)

I'm excited about all of our recruits but I don't think you should throw their arrival in the face of other players. These recruits haven't done anything yet.

Guest JohnDenver

Northeastern Oklahoma State head coach and former UNT assistant Kenny Evans said Monday that former Mean Green quarterback Woody Wilson has enrolled at NEO, a Division II school in Tahlequah. Wilson started four games during his only season at UNT in 2006.

I think I will go make a road trip to see El Presidente play for Coach Evans.

I hardly think you are using it as a term of endearment. You're trying to slight the kid plain and simple. Also didn't someone post on another thread that his return numbers last season were better than Quinn's return numbers? (And back to the BS term of endearment - I'm sure you'd walk up to Johnny Quinn and greet him as The Mighty Quinn but would you walk up to Evan and greet him as Hair. I doubt it.)

I'm excited about all of our recruits but I don't think you should throw their arrival in the face of other players. These recruits haven't done anything yet.

Quinn's lowest punt return average was 11.1 yards, his junior year. His best was 13.2, his sophomore year. Hair's average last year was 5.7 yards.

He did have higher kickoff return average, but that was true of all Div-I with the new rule. Even lowly Northern Illinois had a higher average than Quinn's best KO return average.

Yes, I would walk up to Evyn Roman and call him "Hair". I've seen him on campus and I get the impression he's not as uptight some people.

Quinn's lowest punt return average was 11.1 yards, his junior year. His best was 13.2, his sophomore year. Hair's average last year was 5.7 yards.

He did have higher kickoff return average, but that was true of all Div-I with the new rule. Even lowly Northern Illinois had a higher average than Quinn's best KO return average.

Yes, I would walk up to Evyn Roman and call him "Hair". I've seen him on campus and I get the impression he's not as uptight some people.

Yeah you would.

I think I will go make a road trip to see El Presidente play for Coach Evans.

NEO is in Miami, Oklahoma; Northeastern Oklahoma in in Tahlequah. Make sure you know where you're going since Brett Vito doesn't. Also, NEO is a junior college. Woody's already been to junior college.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Guest JohnDenver

NEO is in Miami, Oklahoma; Northeastern Oklahoma in in Tahlequah. Make sure you know where you're going since Brett Vito doesn't. Also, NEO is a junior college. Woody's already been to junior college.

Well, now that you completely confused me.. I guess I won't go.

What is the shorthand for Northeastern Oklahoma State? NSU? NEOSU? NOSU?

I could never play these games as a kid either. What is wrong with it. Bash me and I'm coming after your a#$ :)

Originally they had the green helmet with the script and the white facemask at the start of article. I decided to email them asking about it. I got a quick reply that said it had been fixed, so I thanked them. Now I look, and all they did was remove it. Pretty sad for the hometown newspaper to not even get this right, and to use a helmet from the 05 season to boot.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Then you had better inform the NCAA of their discrepancy. They have him with an average of 8.25 in 2005 and 7.37 in 2006. He didn't have enough returns per game (it takes 1.2) to be considered in the individual listings.

Edited by GrayEagleOne

Originally they had the green helmet with the script and the white facemask at the start of article. I decided to email them asking about it. I got a quick reply that said it had been fixed, so I thanked them. Now I look, and all they did was remove it. Pretty sad for the hometown newspaper to not even get this right, and to use a helmet from the 05 season to boot.

I know we have changed our helmets and logos many times, but I do expect better from the school's own town paper (how hard is it to download the correct helmet illustration from "The Helmet Project"?). Thanks for emailing them; I've given up trying to understand that sports editor after the racial article debacle last year.

Edited by NT80

I know we have changed our helmets and logos many times, but I do expect better from the school's own town paper (how hard is it to download the correct helmet illustration from "The Helmet Project"?). Thanks for emailing them; I've given up trying to understand that sports editor after the racial article debacle last year.

I find it funny that instead of putting up the correct helmet they just removed the other one.