Chase Daniels Question

greenjoe

Watching the Missouri-Arkansas game, I heard one of the broadcasters mention that Chase Daniel grew up a Longhorn fan. He wanted to go there but was not offered a scholarship. He continued to say that Daniel only received two D-1 offers. One must have been from Missouri. Was the other from North Texas ?

Edited by greenjoe

Texas actually contacted him after he had committed to Mizzou once they lost out on Brantley to Florida. He told them thanks but no thanks.

Scout shows he had offers from Mizzou, Northwestern, Ok State, and Standford- but Im gussing OK State was the other offer to which the broadcaster was referring.

Edited by Eagle1855

1) I didn't realize his given name was Ischase Daniel

2) the avatar is a joke... a joke whose humor lies in it's hideousness. But do not be afraid, for I have a feeling a certain Marissa Miller will be making her way in here sooner than later.

I'm so glad you get me.

Texas actually contacted him after he had committed to Mizzou once they lost out on Brantley to Florida. He told them thanks but no thanks.

Scout shows he had offers from Mizzou, Northwestern, Ok State, and Standford- but Im gussing OK State was the other offer to which the broadcaster was referring.

Correction: Texas offered after LSU's Perriloux turned them down on signing day. Chase turned them down which says something about what a class act he is and how seriously he took his commitment to Missouri. Think about it, the team you have wanted to play for since you were a kid, offering a "ship" and you turn them down to go build something at a place that has not had a recent winning tradition! (Remind you of anyone else?)Things happen for a reason.

Go Mean Green!

Correction: Texas offered after LSU's Perriloux turned them down on signing day.

you're right, my bad.

I just remembered there were a handful of Texas QB recruits that have ended up going elsewhere at the last minute. The funny thing is, in the case of the two they did offer (Perriloux and Brantley), neither have found greener grass. Meanwhile the one they didn't go after (or did as an after thought) was in the middle of national title/heisman talk for the better part of this past year.

Funny how things work out.

1) I didn't realize his given name was Ischase Daniel

2) the avatar is a joke... a joke whose humor lies in it's hideousness. But do not be afraid, for I have a feeling a certain Marissa Miller will be making her way in here sooner than later.

Be careful. J.D. will get you on the girl avatar. I know!