Another J C Defensive Back Commits !

MeanGreen61

WOW. Pony board already has comments on this recruit.

North Texas got another quality CB JUCO commitment from Adryan Adams who at least was scheduled to visit A&M this weekend. Also recruited by Kansas St., Kansas, Oklahoma St. and Tulsa. Tulsa offered a visit. Not sure if this is the full story but he said he had to cancel the trip due to poor weather in Oklahoma. He said the Aggies tried to reschedule for later this week before signing date but he got tired of trying to reschedule and just committed to North Texas. Not sure-could be a cover story but at least the Aggies were interested enough to offer a visit. I'd settle for a recruit that A&M offered a visit to.

If nothing else, the D-lineman we have just got better. As this is a star-studded bunch of defensive backs.

It is possible now to have 4 secondary starters who weren't even on the 2007 roster.

Good chance .... I bet DaLoach could do wonders with the guys.

If all our verbals stay committed and sign , I hope we are done with the DBs and get a few more LBs

December 13, 2007

Juco corner ready for official to A&M

Brian Perroni

AggieYell.com

Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College cornerback Adryan Adams has had quite an eventful week so far. The 6-foot-1, 185 pound prospect has spent the past two days gathering firewood from around his house in Miami, Oklahoma. While most people consider starting a fire a relaxing endeavor in the middle of winter, Adams' was doing so out of necessity.

NEO cornerback Adryan Adams is hoping for an offer from Texas A&M on his official visit this weekend

"We haven't had any power for the last few days," Adams said on Wednesday evening. "There was a big ice storm that came through the whole state of Oklahoma. Oklahoma City and Tulsa have been without power too. We've had our classes cancelled for the week which is tough because we're supposed to be taking finals and finishing up right now."

Adams, a December graduate, seems to be in an even bigger hurry to complete his exams. Once this semester is through, he plans to enroll at a four year school where he will have two years to play two.

Having taken an official visit to North Texas this past weekend, Adams has one set up to another Texas school this coming weekend. Yes sir, I'm headed down to Texas A&M," he said. "The ice and everything should be cleared by then. I'm taking my visit, I know that. I'm flying out of Oklahoma City on Friday morning."

Adams holds just one Division I offer at this point, but he says he is hearing from other schools as the junior college winter signing day nears. "North Texas is my only offer right now," said Adams. "Well, I've got a bunch of I-AA offers, but North Texas is my only DI offer right now.

"I've been hearing from Kansas State, KU, pretty much like the Big 12. Oklahoma State and Tulsa, too, they've been talking to me a lot. I'll probably take an official to Tulsa because they've been talking to me a bunch and they want me to come down there for a visit."

Originally from Millwood High School in Oklahoma City, Adams did not know much about Texas A&M prior to the past couple of weeks. "(A&M cornerback) coach Malone had called my defensive coordinator and I guess he found out about me through that," said Adams. "Coach Malone then called me and we just got to talking and stuff. Then coach Malone came by, he drove to NEO like last week, and we just talked for a long time. I was just telling him how much I'd be interested in Texas A&M."

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/200276

RECRUITING : Cornerback Adams drawing interest of Razorbacks

By OTIS KIRK

Published: Sunday, September 02, 2007 PRINT E-MAIL

MIAMI, Okla. —Cornerback Adryan Adams of Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College showed why Arkansas and other Division I teams are recruiting him during his team’s 48-15 victory over Dodge City (Kan. ) Community College last Saturday.

Adams, 6-1, 190, 4. 43 seconds in the 40-yard dash, had nine tackles and a pass breakup. He is being recruited by Arkansas, Kansas, Kansas State and others.

Northeastern Oklahoma will travel to Little Rock on Thursday to face Arkansas Baptist at 7 p.m. at War Memorial Stadium.

Adams moved to cornerback this season after starting at safety last season. Adams said he feels he has the speed and credentials to make the move a successful one.

“I need to work on reading the plays better, such as when they line up and run the ball,” he said. “Last year, I played pretty good at free safety. I like playing corner better.” Adams also feels the move to corner will help him in December when he signs with a Division I school, but also possibly even beyond that.

ADVERTISEMENT

boozmanhof_300x250.jpg“They [major colleges ] like players who can play both corner and free safety,” Adams said.

Adams signed with NEO out of Millwood High School in Oklahoma City. Adams was short on his ACT score, but he said the two years in junior college will benefit him.

“The defensive coordinator here came down to my school and told me this was a good place to go if I wanted to go D-I,” Adams said.

NEO secondary coach Rick Simpson said Adams has the tools to play beyond junior college.

“The transition has been very smooth for him because he has played all the spots,” Simpson said of Adams moving to cornerback. “He knows how to play, and we could move him back if we got in a situation. His transition to corner has been one that is very easy for him because of his speed and footwork.” Dodge City went away from Adams most of the night, but he did show good closing speed by making tackles from sideline to sideline.

“Adryan is one of our fastest kids in the secondary,” Simpson said. “He is real close to a 4. 4. The thing he has is the knack to get in a bad situation and make it a good situation.” Simpson has talked to Adams about a few things that will help him get to the Big 12 or SEC after this season.

“The next level for him is just having good film to show when the coaches come in,” Simpson said. “I think that Adryan is the type player that the next level is there, but when you talk about that next level [NFL ] he’s going to have to get more size.”