Football Racism Claims?

JesseMartin

I followed it, but never heard the outcome.

If anybody has an in with the NAACP, I'd like to hear from you. Ericka Cain, the NAACP VP for Texas, was noted in one of the articles, and is one of ours, and graduated with me in 2002. I can never get an email back from her, but I think it's routed through somebody else. Either that, or she thinks a couple of her friends were right in thinking I was a racist for running for SGA with my black best friend.

So of course I would like to know not only what happened with the UNT investigation, but the NAACP one as well.

Do they ever make any statements that clear somebody of racist activity? I just don't recall ever hearing about any of those from the NAACP.

Advocacy groups rarely make those sort of statements; they do not want to turn off their support (read: donations) base. Instead, they will issue a non-statement like "We see opportunity to begin a meaningful dialogue...." etc.

You know what? Screw it, let's go for it. Which stations reported on our AD and HC being racist?

If they're REALLY investigative reporters, THEY can give us an answer.

Edited by JesseMartin

UNT investigated the accusations and found no racism existed. When a player curses his coach on the sidelines and it can be heard in the stands it is clear there was justification for disciplinary action.

I doubt the NCAA will ever comment on this investigation since there was no real evidence to validate these charges.

UNT investigated the accusations and found no racism existed. When a player curses his coach on the sidelines and it can be heard in the stands it is clear there was justification for disciplinary action.

I doubt the NCAA will ever comment on this investigation since there was no real evidence to validate these charges.

I suspect that that's the case. Their silence speaks volumes, which would be a very good ending thought for this thread and this topic. Case closed.