Another Coaching Change

jwynn05

Wow, you're on top of things! Impressive.

From ESPN

Houston Nutt, the second-longest tenured football coach in the Southeastern Conference, will not be back at Arkansas next season, sources told ESPN.com on Monday.

University officials will make the announcement at a news conference scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET in Fayetteville. The university would not comment on the nature of the announcement, other than to say Nutt, Chancellor John White and outgoing athletic director Frank Broyles will be on hand.

Nutt, who led the Razorbacks to two SEC championship game appearances, will receive a settlement in the neighborhood of $3.5 million.

The Razorbacks lost their first three Southeastern Conference games after a turmoil-filled offseason.

Arkansas rebounded to finish the regular season 8-4 and knocked LSU out of the nation's No. 1 spot with a 50-48, triple-overtime victory over the Tigers on Friday.

According to a source close to Nutt, the coach believed his fate had been decided before the LSU game. After the Razorbacks' triple-overtime victory, the university then offered him a two-year contract extension. The parties agreed, however, that it was best for the sides to part ways.

Nutt, who will officially resign, has been under tremendous scrutiny and criticism for more than a year.

Two weeks ago, the university strongly denied reports that this would be Nutt's last season as Arkansas' coach. On Sunday, Nutt said White and Broyles wanted him to return, but he said more talks with the university were forthcoming.

Nutt's team beats LSU, and goes to the SEC title game. Not saying he has done a great job at Arkansas, but not even "What have you done for me lately?" saves his job.

Note that in the article, his "What have you done for me lately?" actually got him offered a 2-year extension. I think he just plain wants out.

Nutt's team beats LSU, and goes to the SEC title game. Not saying he has done a great job at Arkansas, but not even "What have you done for me lately?" saves his job.

Check his overall record, SEC record and Bowl record for why all of us HOG fans want him gone. 10 years and virtually nothing but average.

We get rid of a coach with a sub .500 record and a penchant for calling his fans MFer's and we get ridiculed in the media, but a couple of coaches with +.500 records that just beat their hated rivals, Fran & Nutt, get canned and not a harsh word is spoken. Oh, I forgot, Nutt and Fran resigned.