6,793 At The Pit Tonight!

UNTflyer

The SuperPit - where teams come to die.

Emmitt and I sat in the student section in the 1st half. It was amazing. Every bit as good as "The Den" at UCLA....the SuperPit can become one of the "worst" places to play in college basketball once again. I was so proud of them - and a bit jealous I didn't get to experience it when I was at NT myself. The 2nd half we moved to 107 with the other alumni and it was pretty loud over there too(partly as we tried to out cheer Cowboy fans who showed up in force). We sort of got the old "Welcome to the Pit" chant going 2 or 3 times. Hopefully it'll reignite further in future weeks.

I fly back to Los Angeles today bursting with pride and with growing hopes about the future of NT basketball.

GMG!

Edited by CMJ

Great game! Great fun...it was nice to see how quiet the OSU fans got at the end of the game.....take that in the shorts Pokes! The crowd was good, but should have been bigger...I graduated from OSU along with UNT...at OSU you had better be there early if you want a chance at a seat...students, that is. Our students were great tonight. I give them my congrats...keep coming and bring some friends...but, the OSU folks almost filled several sections...we should have had 10,000 at this game! If you were there...good for you...if you wanted to be there, but couldn't make it...see you next time...if you just didn't come...Well, you missed a great evening at the Super Pit!

GO MEAN GREEN!