How About Our Oline Tonight?!

ipEAGLE

This Oline is gelling and is playing much better than many of us expected.... Leftwich is a good coach. The next couple of years are going to be exciting... just if we can get our defense straightened out.

The line did a great job. Protection was good, and UNT was able to run fairly well. Definitely the O-line's best game, and a major step forward. They and the backs also did a good job of picking up blitzes.

Also the best game for Vizza. You can really seem him progressing the last two games. It reminds me a little of Scott Hall in his first year. The first few games he looked lost, then he calmed down and the game came to him. You could just see him figure it out. Vizza seems to be doing the same thing, and there are fewer mistakes and more and more really good throws. He threw it really well down field tonight.

I thought O-line had great night... but from what I could tell from the stands, Navy typically only rushed 3, and almost never blitzed....apparently, Navy did not watch film of Troy and everyone else jamming our receivers at the o-line, and and sending everyone else at our QB.

Guest JohnDenver

I thought O-line had great night... but from what I could tell from the stands, Navy typically only rushed 3, and almost never blitzed....apparently, Navy did not watch film of Troy and everyone else jamming our receivers at the o-line, and and sending everyone else at our QB.

Navy has LB sized DLs. They haven't had a pass rush all season. We knew that Vizza would have the time to pass tonight. We didn't know that we couldn't make 24 seconds pass without letting them score before the end of the half.

I didn't know until last night that the guard calls the blocking assignments at the line in Dodge's offense, not the center. Last night my adopted player Chad Rose was making the calls. He mentioned how classy the Navy players were and said there was absolutely no trash talking in the game whatsoever. I'm very proud of our program this morning for the great time it gave me and my family yesterday.

We lost but I was thoroughly entertained. I can only imagine what this is going to be like during an "up" year.