Patrick Cobbs Td

JRoo

Patrick Cobbs just scored a touchdown for Miami against New England. Win-win for me, as I live up here in New England so it's nice to see a dominant Pats win while seeing Cobbs score too. Way to go, Patrick!

Excellent! I'm hoping it's time for a bad Dolphins team to find out what they have in PC. If they'll just give him a reasonable chance, I think they will find that they have a guy with a little Emmitt Smith in him. Just how much Emmitt Smith he possesses is yet to be determined.

Only because they are cheaters. It's the only way to explain their performance against those South Beach juggernauts called the Miami Dolphins.

<_<

Seeing the term 'juggernaut' to describe Miami makes me laugh. Laugh really hard.

I guess being 0-7 and allowing 231 points so far in the season had nothing to do with their loss to the Pats, right?

Edited by UNTFan23

Ronnie Brown was injured yesterday. Chatman came in and had 73 yards on 7 carries, so he's probably the #1 now. PC should see a fair amount of action against the Giants in London next week, though.

Yep. Patrick is already #2 on the RB food chain for Miami. Hope he can show some stuff the rest of the year to make that position a little more permanent.

Guest JohnDenver

Yep. Patrick is already #2 on the RB food chain for Miami. Hope he can show some stuff the rest of the year to make that position a little more permanent.

If any of you get bored and want to see #38 out there playing (and score a TD), they have the game on NFL Network onDemand.

This ought to increase PC's chances to get the football this year...

Torn ACL sidelines Dolphins' Brown for rest of season

By SARAH LARIMER, Associated Press Writer

October 22, 2007

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- Things go from bad to worse for the Miami Dolphins, who lost running back Ronnie Brown for the rest of the season because of a knee injury.

Brown will need surgery to repair a torn ACL, coach Cam Cameron said Monday. He twisted his right knee in the third quarter of the Dolphins' 49-28 loss to the New England Patriots on Sunday.

"His spirits are up," Cameron said. "He's already talking about getting the surgery and getting ready to get back and get it rehabbed and be ready for spring."

Brown has been one of the few bright spots in Miami's bleak season. Coming into Sunday's game, he led the NFL in yards from scrimmage and had reached the 100-yard rushing mark for four consecutive games.

"He was having a Pro Bowl season," Cameron said. "There's no doubt about it. ... There's a lot of resolve in this guy. He's committed to getting this taken care of and coming back, coming back even stronger. He is an impressive, impressive young man."

Brown had 76 yards rushing against the Patriots on 17 carries, and had five receptions for 33 yards.

"He was on his way to another big game," Cameron said.

The Dolphins are off to an 0-7 start for the first time in their 42 seasons. They travel to London this week to face the New York Giants in the first regular-season NFL game outside North America.

"These are times when you're tested," Cameron said. "And the bottom line is, you take it day to day. You take it one game at a time."

Miami will now turn to running backs Jesse Chatman, Patrick Cobbs and Lorenzo Booker to take Brown's place.

"You don't replace a Ronnie Brown," Cameron said. "But you say, 'These are the guys we have. How do we maximize the guys we have? Who are our best 11?"'

After Sunday's game, Brown said he could walk and put pressure on the knee. He injured himself chasing Randall Gay on an interception and was able to walk off the field.

"I was coming down and running across the field and the guy was running at me and he actually cut behind me," Brown said. "I tried to plant and it twisted up a little bit."

Brown's injury puts renewed focus on suspended running back Ricky Williams, who applied for NFL reinstatement Oct. 1.

Williams remains under contract with Miami, where he won the NFL rushing title in 2002, but Cameron has not indicated whether he wants Williams to stay with the Dolphins.

"As soon as he's reinstated, I will comment," Cameron said Monday. "If in fact, he is."

Williams has played in only 12 NFL games since the start of the 2004 season, but rushed for 3,225 yards in 2002-03. His current suspension began in April 2006 after he violated the league's drug policy for the fourth time. He tested positive for marijuana this April, again delaying his return.

On Sunday, the Dolphins also lost safety Renaldo Hill for the rest of the season because of a torn ACL, Cameron said, further depleting a position plagued by injuries.

"I think we're on our fifth safety, maybe sixth now," middle linebacker Zach Thomas said. "Hopefully somebody steps in and steps up, because teams are going to start to throw on us a lot."

Cameron said he expected surgeries for Hill and Brown would take place within the next week to 10 days.

Miami's season has been rife with injuries. Quarterback Trent Green suffered a severe concussion and was placed on injured reserve Saturday. Safety Yeremiah Bell injured his Achilles' tendon in the season opener. A concussion sidelined Zach Thomas for two consecutive games and defensive tackle Vonnie Holliday is nursing an ankle injury.