Unt Vs. Arkansas

chrisfisher

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this season should not be judged on wins and losses, and I stick by that. But it is terribly disappointing that we have not been at least somewhat competitive against OU and Arkansas. Especially tonight. Like someone else said, Arkansas is not ranked and has had its own struggles. To get pounded like this, another case of the opponent emptying its bench...ouch.

I have said we need to be patient this year. I just didn't think our patience would get tested this much.

I said this season should not be judged on wins and losses, and I stick by that. But it is terribly disappointing that we have not been at least somewhat competitive against OU and Arkansas. Especially tonight. Like someone else said, Arkansas is not ranked and has had its own struggles. To get pounded like this, another case of the opponent emptying its bench...ouch.

I have said we need to be patient this year. I just didn't think our patience would get tested this much.

What's killing me is that this season could be 2-2 right now. It'd be one thing if it were a string of highly touted OOC teams for three of the first 4 games and then an SBC opponent, but it's not. It's 2 games that could've been wins. Sometimes the one thing worse than losing is losing by a hair.

You know, there's a part of me that wants to say, "Dodge is supposed to be doing so much better than he is! Why didn't he blow out FAU and SMU and give Ark and OU a big fight? Then there's a part of me that knows he's a new coach with a new system...and that this won't change the W/L overnight. It seems like the players' attitudes and everything have gotten better overnight, and that's a good sign.

I am still waiting for the Defense to actually feel embarassed about giving up 60 points a game and start giving damn to start play some different formations to match our talents and not what the DC wants be able to run. The defense is just plain pathetic and it has to fall on the DC fully.

How do you allow a RB to bust loose after having 6 players around him.

How can the defense be so bad??

BTW this should not have been considered a body bag game.