Unt Vs. Arkansas

chrisfisher

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, let’s start the debate – At what point does the “the Hogs are running up the score” versus the “we suck so bad we can’t stop anything” thread start.

PS - Our D has already given up over 400 yards

They have the right to run it up as high as they want when they face a defense that is not up to D1A standards.... if you can't bark with the big dogs.......

Here's some good news: UTEP-45, SMUt-42 in OT.

UTEP was behind the whole game but tied it up with 14 seconds left in regulation. :)

Oh My, last I heard it was SMU 28, Utep 7.....Bennett will not survive.

Did I hear wrong last week, or were we really going to work on penalties this week.....I must have heard wrong.

Let's call a spade a spade. I know The Hogs are talented, but this is a sub-.500 unranked team. We are offering NO resistance. We are non-competitive so far.

I know we can't criticize the staff... but I wish I knew why we shouldn't expect as much as freaking Indiana or Cincinnati is getting from the 1st year staffs.

I still support TD and staff, but I'm tired of hearing how much time we need to give, how we should just accept disaster till then. These same players are WORSE than they were last year... just in the fundamentals. In every aspect.

Like Mark D'Antonio, the new coach at Michigan State, told his team when he got there.... "There are no 'my players'... YOU are my players. I chose YOU. I took the money and the offer to come here, and I chose YOU to be my guys. No excuses. We win now."

Guess we just can't expect the same at ol' North Texas.

I still support TD and staff, but I'm tired of hearing how much time we need to give, how we should just accept disaster till then. These same players are WORSE than they were last year... just in the fundamentals. In every aspect.

I didn't expect this season to be this bad. I'm still on the bandwagon. But I'm glad I brought beer on the bandwagon.

At least we'll get the first pick in the draft ...

Let's call a spade a spade. I know The Hogs are talented, but this is a sub-.500 unranked team. We are offering NO resistance. We are non-competitive so far.

I know we can't criticize the staff... but I wish I knew why we shouldn't expect as much as freaking Indiana or Cincinnati is getting from the 1st year staffs.

Like Mark D'Antonio, the new coach at Michigan State, told his team when he got there.... "There are no 'my players'... YOU are my players. I chose YOU. I took the money and the offer to come here, and I chose YOU to be my guys. No excuses. We win now."

Guess we just can't expect the same at ol' North Texas.

I hear you CaribbeanGreen. I just wish we could see some changes on our defense every so often. I didn't think we had much of a chance, but I sure never thought it would be this bad, this fast.

Is it time to say bye-bye DM?

It HAS to be. The difference in the offense is staggering. Arkansas still has some starters in on D, and even their 2nd team is better than anything in the belt -- suddenly, Vizza comes in, and the offensive line is blocking well!!! Gasp! WRs are catching balls downfield!! We are driving -- we get into good FG position and score a TD! Conicidence? Even the staunchest Meager supporter couldn't say so.

We should have seen the last of Dan Meager at Qb barring injury. Period. Quoting Dennis Green, he's exactly who we thought he was. Time for the new era.

That being said, it really doesn't matter if we lined Jesus up at QB. Our defense can't stop a gang of drunk 5 year olds.