Fau Vs Minnesota

chrisfisher

NT will have a hard time next week.

FAU gave up almost 500 yards of offense. I don't think we'll have a hard time passing against the FAU secondary. Minnesota also got 5.3 yards per rush so we might see our running game improve as well.

I think will come down who has the best offense and who executes their game plan the best.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still getting errors on the Texas/Central Florida game and when I press it it still gets the Troy/OSU game.....what can I do to fix it?

You can do one of two things.

1)Watch ESPN2 because that's where it's at

2)Stop worrying about what the whorns are doing

On another note, I agree FAU looked impressive. I wonder though, if we don't give them 7 turnovers, will they look as impressive?

My concern is what difference does it make if another SBC school wins. WE NEED TO WIN to raise interest around here. your everyday student couldn't give a rat's A** about FAU beating Minnesota. In fact other than making the SBC a little more noticable, and we are still the SBC even with the wins this weekend, this FAU win doesn't do anything for us that I can tell.

The bottom line is this, and it is really simple. We need to win to raise interest here. other SBC schools passing us by and having big OOC wins just makes US LOOK BAD!!!

my.02

Edited by hickoryhouse

You can do one of two things.

1)Watch ESPN2 because that's where it's at

2)Stop worrying about what the whorns are doing

On another note, I agree FAU looked impressive. I wonder though, if we don't give them 7 turnovers, will they look as impressive?

Unfortunately I am at work because I have to meet a big deadline.....DAMN THAT CORPORATE <_< I guess I will keep on trying.

My concern is what difference does it make if another SBC school wins. WE NEED TO WIN to raise interest around here. your everyday student couldn't give a rat's A** about FAU beating Minnesota. In fact other than making the SBC a little more noticable, and we are still the SBC even with the wins this weekend, this FAU win doesn't do anything for us that I can tell.

The bottom line is this, and it is really simple. We need to win to raise interest here. other SBC schools passing us by and having big OOC wins just makes US LOOK BAD!!!

my.02

Totally agree about NT needing to get a big win next week. However, we (as a conference) need to keep winning the OOC games. It's true that most casuals will not immediately be impressed with the SBC...but consistent winning of these games over a 3-5 year span of time does nothing but help NT's perception in the college football world. I think we are all expecting good things under Dodge in the coming years, so it would benefit us if our conference mates were viewed as legitimate competition by college football analysts in the near future.

my.02

I agree we need to win, but you take a pessimistic view of Sunbelt OOC wins. Wins by our conference mates elevates our conference and team ratings. Now when we beat FAU, they will have a higher national rating given their Big 10 win.

I agree we need to win, but you take a pessimistic view of Sunbelt OOC wins. Wins by our conference mates elevates our conference and team ratings. Now when we beat FAU, they will have a higher national rating given their Big 10 win.

I suppose that makes sense but we are not going to be making the top 25 this year most likely, maybe next year, the most important thing that you wrote is when we win! Our student body and most of our alumni populace is not going to care about who FAU beat, some will but i dont' think that will be the majority. They will care about the WIN!!!!

I suppose that makes sense but we are not going to be making the top 25 this year most likely, maybe next year, the most important thing that you wrote is when we win! Our student body and most of our alumni populace is not going to care about who FAU beat, some will but i dont' think that will be the majority. They will care about the WIN!!!!

Sorry for the confusion... I didn't mean to help our national rankings, as in Top 25. I was referring to our ratings against other teams nationally - such as in Sagarin, etc. But your right, in the end, only wins against programs like Big 10, Big 12, etc. will draw interest from Joe Q Public. However, when you conference mates start putting up great OOC wins this can only help us when we beat them (instead of beating the #118 D-1 team in the nation, we beat the #60 team, for example), as well as help the SBC gain credibility among fans, media, and most importantly, recruits.

Sorry for the confusion... I didn't mean to help our national rankings, as in Top 25. I was referring to our ratings against other teams nationally - such as in Sagarin, etc. But your right, in the end, only wins against programs like Big 10, Big 12, etc. will draw interest from Joe Q Public. However, when you conference mates start putting up great OOC wins this can only help us when we beat them (instead of beating the #118 D-1 team in the nation, we beat the #60 team, for example), as well as help the SBC gain credibility among fans, media, and most importantly, recruits.

you know, I guess there are two sides of this conversation. The one relating to what is going to draw interest from the paying public, wins.... And the side that is going to draw interest from recruits and respect from other programs, wins over higher ranked teams... I think that it all depends on what side of the equation you are looking at as to what really matters. They both rely on each other though, to be of any importance. If we can get better wins, over better opponents, we can get better recruits to win more. But don't we have to win to get those better recruits in the first place?

I am happy that our conference is gaining respect because that looks good on us, unless we get shalacked in conference which isn't going to happen. But in all honesty unless we gain respect for ourselves by winning no amount of help from FAU and MUTTS and ASU is going to make any difference. we have to win, and with TD, i really think that we will!

you know, I guess there are two sides of this conversation. The one relating to what is going to draw interest from the paying public, wins.... And the side that is going to draw interest from recruits and respect from other programs, wins over higher ranked teams... I think that it all depends on what side of the equation you are looking at as to what really matters. They both rely on each other though, to be of any importance. If we can get better wins, over better opponents, we can get better recruits to win more. But don't we have to win to get those better recruits in the first place?

I am happy that our conference is gaining respect because that looks good on us, unless we get shalacked in conference which isn't going to happen. But in all honesty unless we gain respect for ourselves by winning no amount of help from FAU and MUTTS and ASU is going to make any difference. we have to win, and with TD, i really think that we will!

Agreed. In terms of upping UNT status, in the end, nothing else matters unless we win and win consistently.

FAU is going to be tough. Maybe we'll catch them tired from traveling. Meager needs to be strong to give us a chance. One thing I have noticed more and more this weekend, a mobile QB makes would make us more dangerous. Unfortunately, Daniel gives us no mobility.

What? Meager's probably one of the fastest QB's we've had here, short of Wilson. One of the better things the DM supporters said about him when he first arrived was that he can scramble. He's mobile...not Michael Vick mobile, but mobile.