Article/video/pics Of Kickoff Cookout

PerryG2480

It was GREAT to see the turnout at the Kickoff Cookout last saturday evening. I am told that over 600 attended. It was crowded, and that's a good thing...I think we saw some "growing pains" in that the food line, a single line, was stacked up for sometime as folks tried to catch a bite to eat...but, the reason it was is due to a large extent by the number of people attending. Not near as many in the past. Even with the temp nearing 100 there was no sign of anything but excitement about the season to come.

One word of caution folks...I hope some folks expectations for this season are not set too high...I heard people talking about a 7 win season. Not sure at all about that. Let's let this new coachiong staff get their feet under them before we place too high expectations on their new program. I would hate to see a less than full stadium on Sept. 22nd for our first home game because we didn't beat OU or Arkansas on their home turff!

It has been quite awhile since I was so excited about the start of UNT football season...and...the excitement is growing. The line was long to pick up season tickets, and the boxes holding the ticket envelopes were many! I hope we get a good count of season ticket sales before too long. I would bet they are up a great many from last season.

If you havene't signed up for the us trip to OU...think about doing so. It will be a great time, and it's a great price!

Let's make certain we will Fouts for the first...and every...home game this season. Let's get behind this team and coaching staff. O.K., enough alreday...I am fired up and ready for Dodge-Ball! A good time was had by all (at least all I talked with) Staurday evening...and it has only just begun.

While you are at it...Joing the Exes and join the Mean Green Club! :lol:

It was GREAT to see the turnout at the Kickoff Cookout last saturday evening. I am told that over 600 attended. It was crowded, and that's a good thing...I think we saw some "growing pains" in that the food line, a single line, was stacked up for sometime as folks tried to catch a bite to eat...but, the reason it was is due to a large extent by the number of people attending. Not near as many in the past. Even with the temp nearing 100 there was no sign of anything but excitement about the season to come.

From what I was told, Metzlers made a unilateral decision to set up one line (based on the assertion that "there werent that many people last year"), as opposed to the two lines the AD suggested, thus causing the ridiculous line... take that for what it's worth. I did feel like I spent about half the time i was there standing in line, be it to get in, to eat, or to get my tix :rolleyes:

Edited by Eagle1855

From what I was told, Metzlers made a unilateral decision to set up one line (based on the assertion that "there werent that many people last year"), as opposed to the two lines the AD suggested, thus causing the ridiculous line... take that for what it's worth. I did feel like I spent about half the time i was there standing in line, be it to get in, to eat, or to get my tix :rolleyes:

Indeed. The food line was really the only downside to the whole event. But it's good to have problems like that.

If you don't BELIEVE you can go 12 - 0, you damn sure won't. What reality brings by way of physical mismatches or breaks of the game...that's football. But if you don't step on the field with the attitude that you will find some way to win against anyone, you won't. If you believe you are a seven-win team, you are probably not seven-win material.

This is a new beginning, folks. Let's fire up!!

AND...that is what is GREAT about TD and his attitude...he EXPECTS to go 12-0! I'm with him on that attitude...you are 100% right...if, as a team and as a coaching staff, you do not expect to go 12-0, you darn sure will not! Let's just don't, as fans, get our expectations so high that we become unreasonable as to what to expect from this first TD team. Me, I expect to see a GREAT game and a GREAT effort each and every time the team takes the field. I expect them to EXPECT that they can beat any and all comers.

As RV said at the Cookout...no loner will we schedule a game for the money...when we go, we go to win! We want folks to come to see UNT play, not to see who is playing UNT! Not exact quotes for sure, but I think that's the message to both the team and the fans. Sure is great to see that attitudel...you can't be a big time program if you don't think and act like a big time program. Let's welcome UNT to the BIG TIME! GO MEAN GREEN!

Buy Season Tickets, join the Exes and join the Mean Green Club! It's fun to be GREEN again!!!!!!!

Indeed. The food line was really the only downside to the whole event. But it's good to have problems like that.

Yeah, that balcony really couldnt hold any more people comfortably at all. If we win only 5 games this year, they'll have to move the BBQ to another place next year.