18 Penn State

19 Nebraska

20 Arkansas

21 Florida State

22 TCU

23 Boise State

24 Hawaii

25 Texas A&M

Others receiving votes: Boston College (10-3) 150; Georgia Tech (9-5) 150; Miami (Fla.) (7-6) 91; Notre Dame (10-3) 90; South Carolina (8-5) 90; Wake Forest (11-3) 71; Missouri (8-5) 58; Oregon State (10-4) 52; Brigham Young (11-2) 47; Clemson (8-5) 30; Oregon (7-6) 30; South Florida (9-4) 26; Texas Tech (8-5) 20; Alabama (6-7) 16; Oklahoma State (7-6) 15; Southern Mississippi (9-5) 14; Iowa (6-7) 12; Kansas State (7-6) 8; Memphis (2-10) 5; Houston (10-4) 4; Arizona (6-6) 1; Duke (0-12) 1; Kentucky (8-5) 1; Washington State (6-6) 1.

Notre Dame is very unstable in the top 25. They were ranked in 2006, but not in 2004 or 2005. They were ranked in 2003, but not 2002.

Yeah, I guess they kind of slipped under the radar during the Bob Davie and Ty Willingham era. Other than 2005, they tend to be way overrated at the beginning of the year.

A little bit low, but they did lose some seniors, including their QB I believe. Many prognisticators I've read actually expect Hawaii to be the best team from the WAC this season.

Yeah I heard the same thing.

My personal top 10 looks pretty close to that. I had WVU a little higher, Michigan a little lower. I'd also put Cal in there over Va Tech and Auburn over Ohio State. I definitely think USC is #1, and LSU a close #2.

I think USC should be #1, but I'll be shocked if they can go undefeated this year. Their schedule is brutal(at Oregon, at California, at Notre Dame, at Nebraska - not to mention hosting the Bruins).

so metal. USC. getting killed on the west coast. over and over again. great idea for a song.

It's not really a love fest? They were a young team last year and still finished top 3-4 right? They beat a top 5(favored) Michigan team soundly. Now I don't think they'll win the Championship because of the schedule, but I do believe they have the most talent this season.

Like LSU probably did last year.

It's not really a love fest? They were a young team last year and still finished top 3-4 right? They beat a top 5(favored) Michigan team soundly. Now I don't think they'll win the Championship because of the schedule, but I do believe they have the most talent this season.

Like LSU probably did last year.

Florida's schedule looks pretty easy for a defending champ. Three Sun Belt home games, Florida State, Tennessee, and Auburn in the Swamp... looks like their only real test will be LSU and South Carolina on the road and Georgia at the World's Largest Cocktail Party.

i have heard that steve spurrier votes for Duke every year because that is where he got his start and wants to show his respect or something like that

I have heard about the same.... there is someone (maybe Spurier) than puts them as 25 every year in their first vote so they will show up as getting votes. I suspect some others do about the same thing and don't really belive they are "ranked material".