Do We Know

UNTLifer

Oops. I meant Robertson, not Stubblefield.

Alexander is back per the DRC article recently.

I hope Banks makes it. He seemed to have a future on the OL, but I don't want to get into another "Big Cat" Raymond situation.

I wonder what happened to the Washington kid? Is he not back? Was he not on Scholarship?

Yeah, what do you mean about Washington? This kid was an All-Academic kid...are you sure there is reason to believe he may not be around this fall?

He was even playing his way into some playing time @ WR...I would like further info KBJ

Wow, way to start a completely speculative thread with absolutely no substance to back it up.

Banks, Stubblefield, Washington and Alexander are all on a very current roster. Can't speak to Alexander's medical status, but if you read between the lines, the coaching staff sounds "publicly" optimistic. Don't know how much help/depth he could really give with all he's been through.

If by Robertson you mean Evan, he's been long gone since spring semester began. Enrolled at North Central Texas College, but no word on him regaining eligibility to play at UNT or anywhere else.

If by Robertson you mean Evan, he's been long gone since spring semester began. Enrolled at North Central Texas College, but no word on him regaining eligibility to play at UNT or anywhere else.

As for the kids with grade issues even those who were at NCTC in spring can still attend NT during summer in an attempt to become eligible. I believe summer school ends this week so we should know shortly if they are eligible or not.

Wow, way to start a completely speculative thread with absolutely no substance to back it up.

Banks, Stubblefield, Washington and Alexander are all on a very current roster. Can't speak to Alexander's medical status, but if you read between the lines, the coaching staff sounds "publicly" optimistic. Don't know how much help/depth he could really give with all he's been through.

Wow, way to flunk reading comprehension. I asked specifically about two players, Banks and mistakenly Stubblefield, who I later changed to Robertson.

Regarding Alexander:

08:03 AM CDT on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

By Brett Vito / Staff Writer

NEW ORLEANS — Josh Alex-ander has missed out on playing in plenty of games and being a part of several memorable moments during his career with the Mean Green.

Fortunately for the senior offensive lineman, the first day of fall practice in the Todd Dodge era won’t be among them. During the final session of Sun Belt Conference media days on Tues-day, Dodge said the former starter will be back on the field after missing the end of the 2005 season and all of the 2006 campaign with a knee injury.

Alexander was planning to make his comeback last season, but wound up having surgery late in the summer. His status for this fall was in question when the stitches in the patella tendon in his knee began to pull apart.

Alexander (6-3, 295) worked to rehabilitate the injury instead of having surgery in the hope that he could return in time for the upcoming season. That rehabilitation process has gone well enough for the former Fort Worth Southwest product to give playing a try once again.

“I don’t know if I have been around someone who had things look bleaker for him, but Josh never missed a meeting or a practice and he never wavered,” Dodge said. “We will get him out there to see what he can do. Our strength and conditioning guys say he has gotten stronger. I want to see him make it, but we won’t know what he can do until we get him out there.”

The return of Alexander would add depth to a spot where UNT lacks experience. Redshirt freshman Matt Menard and sophomore Robert Peachey are at the top of UNT’s depth chart at left and right tackle, respectively.

Both Menard and Peachey will be in their first season as starters in a passing offense that will depend on the offensive line to protect the quarterback.

Few UNT tackles were better at that task than Alexander, who started in six of the nine games he played in the 2005 season. Alex-ander did not allow a sack the entire seas

Based upon that article, I'd say he's back.