Who Will Be The Guy

Harry

Personally I didn't see enough out of Cam Montgomery to give a fair evaluation. Questions as whether Evan will be back. Could Mosley see time as a frosh...probably a stretch. What about Deavin Cox? What about Dunbar?

We all know that J-Mo hasn't played a healthy season since he's been here. I just wonder if the depth behind him is going to be sufficient.

I would feel better if a James Mitchell type was still around.

Personally I didn't see enough out of Cam Montgomery to give a fair evaluation. Questions as whether Evan will be back. Could Mosley see time as a frosh...probably a stretch. What about Deavin Cox? What about Dunbar?

We all know that J-Mo hasn't played a healthy season since he's been here. I just wonder if the depth behind him is going to be sufficient.

I was impressed this spring with Cam Montgomery. He is a taller RB (6-2) and runs more upright like Eric Dickerson than a smaller back, but still has moves. I haven't seen the J-Mo of old in a long time, and that concerns me. Cam could be the man this year.

Edited by NT80

If there is any position on the field where a true freshman can make an impact its the running back position. I don't think Mosely will rip Colorado for 247 yards; but I do think he will see the field.

If there is any position on the field where a true freshman can make an impact its the running back position. I don't think Mosely will rip Colorado for 247 yards; but I do think he will see the field.

I think there is an excellent chance we see him in some situations where a pass to the back is likely. If I recall, it was said that he had pretty good hands when he was signed.

Of the three players that were taking classes off campus none of them asked to come back was the last I heard.

Deavin was asked to move back to DB going into two-a-days but will see the O side of the ball I feel sure of. We now have what 22 DB's

Cam is still learning the blitz pick-ups and should do fine in the backfield

Have not seen Mostley take any hits so no ideas on him

Who is Dunbar?

---Freshman also contribute at WR very well also. Most other positions it helps to be more physically mature, and it takes time to learn more skills to succeed and compete well at those positions. I think the one spot that freshman show up well will be at WR, followed by RB..

Cam Montgomery played well in the spring. He seems to be more of a "get three tough yards" kind of back, but he will fit TD's system nicely. He also picked up the pass-blocking very well. (Got a good block on Big-Mo Holman in the spring game).

I cant wait for practices to start..

See you guys August 4th at the BBQ.

GMG!!!

Why are we talking about this J-mo is the guy Mitchells gone it looks like robertson is out. Mosley may be good but I don't think Todge brought in a guys as highly rated are Montgomery with only two years left to be number 3 behind a true freshman. C-Mo gets the knod to back up J-Mo no question. Now if both of them get hurt and Mosley puts up 247 yards in his first game I may change my mind but I heard something once about lightning striking twice.

The starting RB position is Jamario's. Cam is a real player too-size, strength,

speed, runs over people, and good hands for receiving. I can see both on the

field at the same time, for example run JT or CM at slot receiver, create mis-

matches on the LB's/CB's. I am sure Coach Dodge and Coach Ford can find

ways to have both on the field.

If JT's hamstring flairs up again, let CM take over RB. Either way- IMHO both

need to play alot!

The starting RB position is Jamario's. Cam is a real player too-size, strength,

speed, runs over people, and good hands for receiving. I can see both on the

field at the same time, for example run JT or CM at slot receiver, create mis-

matches on the LB's/CB's. I am sure Coach Dodge and Coach Ford can find

ways to have both on the field.

If JT's hamstring flairs up again, let CM take over RB. Either way- IMHO both

need to play alot!

Thanks for the insight on Montgomery. Where have you seen him play? I've been in Houston for a couple of years, after Cam graduated, but a HS coach I know spoke highly of him. Do you know where someone might be able to see some highlights of Cam?

I watched highlight videos from Rivals and Scout during recruiting.

I watched him during the spring game-- He is something special!

I agree-- he looks and runs like Eric Dickerson, with a big difference-

If Cam cannot juke out a defender out of his jock, or out run him,

he will run over them and flatten their ass!

From the highlight videos, Cam caught alot of "swing" passes out

of the backfield, then ran upfield, not sideline to sideline!

Can read blocks, has the quick burst of speed when needed.

Just like JT, if he gets out, no one will catch him!