Ronnie Morgan Jr

I see that RM jr has left La Tech and will be playing jr college ball this year. I wonder if we might get another shot at this kid in a year. Anyone know what his sitation is and why he left Tech. Grades? New coaching staff, etc...?

Texas Hoops says lack of playing time and a coaching change.

Ronnie Morgan Jr is an undersized power forward. Though he appears on most rosters as 6-7, he is really about 6-5. Now if he had his younger brothers height (legit 6-10) he would have been a national recruit.

Dallas Big Man has Cats on his list

June 29, 2007

Jeff Drummond

CatsPause.com

Listed as one of Rivals.com's "five on the rise" for his effort this spring on the AAU circuit, Dallas (Texas) South Oak Cliff center J'Mison Morgan has played himself into a four-star rating and a spot among the nation's top 50 prospects for 2008.

J'Mison Morgan hauled down a rebound in the Reebok ABCD Camp last summer.

One of the schools taking note of Morgan's play is Kentucky, which has picked up its recruitment of the Lone Star big man.

"I've gotten a couple of calls from coach (Billy) Gillispie and coach (Jeremy) Cox lately," Morgan said. "They say they like how I play, how I play hard and keep getting better every time they see me.

"They haven't offered yet, but it sounds like they will be. They're one of the schools I would have to consider. They have great tradition and a reputation as a big basketball school."

Morgan (6-10, 275) has seen his stock rise with a slimmer frame and better conditioning this year. Reminiscent of former UK standout Marquis Estill at the same stage in his development, he is currently rated the No. 9 center in his class and the No. 48 prospect overall.

Said Rivals.com national basketball analyst Justin Young: "The big man watched and played with Darrell Arthur in high school at Dallas South Oak Cliff, and those learning experiences are starting to shine through. Morgan, one of the biggest and strongest players in the class of 2008, is fine tuning his body and putting everything together. He has soft hands and good feet, two ingredients that are valuable to big men. He is really starting to tap into the player he can become."

Gillispie began taking notice of Morgan when he was at Texas A&M. He has continued to follow him after his transition to UK.

"I think he's a great coach," Morgan said. "He did some really good things at A&M, and I know he has a good relationship with his players. That's always important."

In addition to Kentucky, Morgan said he's receiving the most attention from Alabama and UCLA. Schools like Arizona, Kansas, Georgetown, UNLV, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Nebraska and Texas A&M have also been involved.

"I don't have any favorites," Morgan said. "Any school that gets in right now can get in. I'm listening to everybody."

Asked what he's looking for in a college, Morgan said: "The program's success, the fan support and, mainly, a good relationship with the coaches and my teammates. I also want to go somewhere they can use me. I want to play early and contribute."

Morgan will be featured at the Reebok U. event next month in Philadelphia.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect...mp;pr_key=47799

Guest GrayEagleOne

Ronnie Morgan Jr is an undersized power forward. Though he appears on most rosters as 6-7, he is really about 6-5. Now if he had his younger brothers height (legit 6-10) he would have been a national recruit.

Dallas Big Man has Cats on his list

June 29, 2007

Jeff Drummond

CatsPause.com

Listed as one of Rivals.com's "five on the rise" for his effort this spring on the AAU circuit, Dallas (Texas) South Oak Cliff center J'Mison Morgan has played himself into a four-star rating and a spot among the nation's top 50 prospects for 2008.

J'Mison Morgan hauled down a rebound in the Reebok ABCD Camp last summer.

One of the schools taking note of Morgan's play is Kentucky, which has picked up its recruitment of the Lone Star big man.

"I've gotten a couple of calls from coach (Billy) Gillispie and coach (Jeremy) Cox lately," Morgan said. "They say they like how I play, how I play hard and keep getting better every time they see me.

"They haven't offered yet, but it sounds like they will be. They're one of the schools I would have to consider. They have great tradition and a reputation as a big basketball school."

Morgan (6-10, 275) has seen his stock rise with a slimmer frame and better conditioning this year. Reminiscent of former UK standout Marquis Estill at the same stage in his development, he is currently rated the No. 9 center in his class and the No. 48 prospect overall.

Said Rivals.com national basketball analyst Justin Young: "The big man watched and played with Darrell Arthur in high school at Dallas South Oak Cliff, and those learning experiences are starting to shine through. Morgan, one of the biggest and strongest players in the class of 2008, is fine tuning his body and putting everything together. He has soft hands and good feet, two ingredients that are valuable to big men. He is really starting to tap into the player he can become."

Gillispie began taking notice of Morgan when he was at Texas A&M. He has continued to follow him after his transition to UK.

"I think he's a great coach," Morgan said. "He did some really good things at A&M, and I know he has a good relationship with his players. That's always important."

In addition to Kentucky, Morgan said he's receiving the most attention from Alabama and UCLA. Schools like Arizona, Kansas, Georgetown, UNLV, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Nebraska and Texas A&M have also been involved.

"I don't have any favorites," Morgan said. "Any school that gets in right now can get in. I'm listening to everybody."

Asked what he's looking for in a college, Morgan said: "The program's success, the fan support and, mainly, a good relationship with the coaches and my teammates. I also want to go somewhere they can use me. I want to play early and contribute."

Morgan will be featured at the Reebok U. event next month in Philadelphia.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect...mp;pr_key=47799

Well, so much for his dad's alma mater.