Basketball Team Gets Championship Rings

NT80

I wonder why those people who complain about the MUTS describing themselves as Sun Belt Champions for winning the co-championship in football, don't point out that NT was not the conference champions in basketball. They were the Sun Belt tournament champions which because of the ticket to the NCAA tournament is much more important but they still finished the regular season as the fifth seed.

I wonder why those people who complain about the MUTS describing themselves as Sun Belt Champions for winning the co-championship in football, don't point out that NT was not the conference champions in basketball. They were the Sun Belt tournament champions which because of the ticket to the NCAA tournament is much more important but they still finished the regular season as the fifth seed.

actually i think your wrong...in the sun belt the team who wins the tournament is the conference champion.....i think....different conference do it different ways though

edit...well i looked and the sbc doesnt make a distinction they have regular season champions and tournament champs......no one is actually declared sunbelt champions

Edited by mwynn05

actually i think your wrong...in the sun belt the team who wins the tournament is the conference champion.....i think....different conference do it different ways though

edit...well i looked and the sbc doesnt make a distinction they have regular season champions and tournament champs......no one is actually declared sunbelt champions

Being wrong would not be a new experience, however the Burba standings points are awarded based on regular season performance. Maybe the conference champion is solely the tournament champion with the regular season winners being the Division champions. However, my point was for those that somehow have a hard time understanding the concept of co-championships should have problems with NT declaring itself conference champion when they were third in the Western Division.

Being wrong would not be a new experience, however the Burba standings points are awarded based on regular season performance. Maybe the conference champion is solely the tournament champion with the regular season winners being the Division champions. However, my point was for those that somehow have a hard time understanding the concept of co-championships should have problems with NT declaring itself conference champion when they were third in the Western Division.

if you win the conference tournament you are considered the winners of our conference regardless.. the regular season is to determine seeding for the tournament.. if this isn't the case then why do the winners of the regular season only get a NIT bid while the winner of the tournament get to go to the NCAA tournament.. I'm not saying I agree with this method totally but that is the system..

As for football the winner of our conference is the team with the best record, the MUTS and Troy both ended up with a 6-1 record in conference last year but Troy won the head to head match up so technically they should be the outright sun belt champs, and thats why people get upset when MUTS call themselves sun belt champs..

O.K., call me what you want, but I don't think the rings are "sweet"...I think they could have been designed to be much more attractive. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS (do I hear music in the background?). Sorry, but I just don't think they are very attractive....wonder why Balfour did them and not Josten's? I guess you get what you pay for in championship rings too. I am EXTREMELY proud of the way the team played down the stretch and int he tournament. It was SUPER to see UNT in the NCAA's...I don't think the ring matches up. Sorry, but BIG TIME Congrats to the UNT Men's basketball team...much more fun to watch than pro basketball...ANYDAY! Go Mean Green...REPEAT is on the horizon. :rolleyes:

Its different, because they are toothless hillbillies and they suck.