Master Plan

Sorry if this has been posted already.

EAGLE POINT CAMPUS PROGRAM AND LIBERTY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL SITE

A number of new facilities have been identified

by the University for the Eagle Point and Liberty Christian campuses. These include:

Stadium

A new 35,000 seat stadium is proposed at Eagle Point. The estimated cost is in excess

of $35 million and must be funded entirely by private funds as no state funds are available for athletic projects. The timeline

for construction is estimated to be 5 or more years away. A portion of the parking for the stadium will need to be provided on the Eagle Point campus; the remainder can be provided in the existing Fouts Field area.

Indoor practice facility

An indoor football practice facility is not required;

however, a site needs to be identified

for a 40 to 50 yard bubble.

--Could this be what the vacant lot is next to the 2 practice fields??

Tennis Complex

The program for this $2.4 million facility includes

12 outdoor courts one of which will be a stadium court with 600 seats. Support

facilities will include an entranceway, combination dressing and restroom and a small pro shop.

Track Facility

A new track is required to replace the facility

located in the existing stadium. Seating

capacity for 800 and a press box (east side) are required. Other facilities include restrooms and concessions, which could be shared with other facilities on the Eagle Point Campus.

Baseball

A baseball field is also proposed for Liberty

Christian property. The potential exists to cooperate with Texas Summer wooden bat league in constructing this facility.

Liberty Christian School Site

UNT has purchased the 89,000 gsf (17 acre) Liberty Christian School on Bonnie Brae for the Women’s Athletic program including NCAA softball, soccer and academic programs

(Distributed Education). The facility will be used to meet Title IX requirements – 60 percent of the facility will be used for academic and 40 percent for athletics. The facility will address space shortfalls and quality issues on the main campus.

Da link

Edited by Daddy Dumpsalot

A new 35,000 seat stadium is proposed at Eagle Point. The estimated cost is in excess

of $35 million and must be funded entirely by private funds as no state funds are available for athletic projects. The timeline

for construction is estimated to be 5 or more years away.

I think it would be prudent to hold in the excitment until more is announced on the private funds end.

I think it would be prudent to hold in the excitment until more is announced on the private funds end.

There - I fixed the quote for you:

of $35 million +/- 100% and must be funded entirely by private funds as no state funds are available for athletic projects. The timeline

for construction is estimated to be 5 +/- 100% or more years away.

Stadium

for construction is estimated to be 5 or more years away. A portion of the parking for the stadium will need to be provided on the Eagle Point campus; the remainder can be provided in the existing Fouts Field area.

This is contrary to the rumors flying around that RV says we will have it by 2009. I agree with Cerebus: we need to know more about funding.

Nothing really "new" to my ear, except it's nice to see an official release of some sort - specific to a stadium - from the UNT website.

Edited by greenminer

Guest GrayEagleOne

I had seen this master plan at least a couple of years ago. I believe that this was first produced master plan after the change from Giglio to Sasaki. If so, that was in March, 2003. The last revision was in the fall of 2005 but the stadium and other facilities were already included on Sasaki's first draft.

I had seen this master plan at least a couple of years ago. I believe that this was first produced master plan after the change from Giglio to Sasaki. If so, that was in March, 2003. The last revision was in the fall of 2005 but the stadium and other facilities were already included on Sasaki's first draft.

This is correct. But it addresses a lot of points that we talk about on here. One being the streets closing thru campus. Someone said they wouldn't do that because of emergency vehicles. Says in the MP that they will continue to do that and leave a small paved street closed for vehicles other than emergency vehicles. You can also see the locations of the proposed baseball field and the track n field area. It lists the specifics of the new Greek village (made up the name) as addition of frat. houses accross from them already as well as soro. houses too. Shows what will happen to the area where fouts is now. It details the future construction of buildings and the appropriate colors they will be.

It says it was updated in 2004, if that is the case and it was going to take 5 yrs for the stadium then 2004 + 5 = 2009.

Its like a prophecy coming true before our eyes :D It shows College Inn and what they are doing now. It shows the fountain in the mall area. If they do all the things that it says in here this campus will be AMAZING. It will look so much better.

This is correct. But it addresses a lot of points that we talk about on here. One being the streets closing thru campus. Someone said they wouldn't do that because of emergency vehicles. Says in the MP that they will continue to do that and leave a small paved street closed for vehicles other than emergency vehicles. You can also see the locations of the proposed baseball field and the track n field area. It lists the specifics of the new Greek village (made up the name) as addition of frat. houses accross from them already as well as soro. houses too. Shows what will happen to the area where fouts is now. It details the future construction of buildings and the appropriate colors they will be.

It says it was updated in 2004, if that is the case and it was going to take 5 yrs for the stadium then 2004 + 5 = 2009.

Its like a prophecy coming true before our eyes :D It shows College Inn and what they are doing now. It shows the fountain in the mall area. If they do all the things that it says in here this campus will be AMAZING. It will look so much better.

I agree. Our campus will be beautiful once all of these projects laid out in the plan are completed.

Even though this plan is a few years old, take the time to read through it if you haven't already. It has a lot of information about the future of the University of North Texas campus. Makes me think about how wonderful this campus will look in 10 years.