Nfl Considering 17-game Season

You may be right buddy....I don't know. In the Cowboys' case......those games (Japan and Mexico City) were pre-season games. I think they've done Mexico City more than once.

But, to me....I'm not sure about regular season games.

As a Cowboy fan, let me tell you what stinks about this. This is the second time in three years, that the NFL has given the NY Giants one less road game than everyone else. Remember when they hosted the Saints in a home game for the Saints? (right after Katrina?)

Now, the Giants get to play Miami....in London, instead of Miami. I wish the Cowboys had that deal. I think we have to play at Miami, in front of a pro-Miami crowd. For all I know, the crowd in London might be more for the Giants. Or it might be a neutral crowd. But, it definitely won't be the kind of pro-Miami crowd the Cowboys will face in Miami.

That's one problem with these games on foreign soil.

Edited by Green Means Go!

My Dolphins are losing a home game this year to play in London.

I think this is a bad idea. I want to see an 18-game season, but not if it means playing the extra games overseas. Eliminate some pre-season games (god, some teams are playing FIVE pre-season games).

This is nothing more than a sad attempt on the part of the NFL to boost the failure that is NFL Europa.

I love arena football.

NFL Europa just has no punch to it. The fans aren't really into it, they have been shutting down teams and now all that's left are German franchises.

When they do get into the game, the fans sing like it's a soccer game... which just feels out of place because soccer has almost continuous play whereas football is a game of quick, high-impact plays mixed in with a lot of standing around.

1. Reduce number of pre-season games to 1 ro 2: Even less time to evaluate talent. Nothing more needs to be said about that. Bad idea.

2. Play a regular season game over seas: WORSE IDEA. I think this is part of the reason the WFL failed. Small markets in the US and having to travel to Europe to play opponents. Did you see the Dallas vs. Houston game some years ago in Mexico? The field was horrible. Emmitt Smith makes a big cut and goes down because a huge chunk of sod gives way.

Keep the NFL-E going for the Europeans. Keep the NFL here.

3. 17 regular season game: THE WORST IDEA. If anything the season needs to be shortened back to 14 or 15 games. The season already starts in late summer. The regular season should end in early to mid December. It has now been extended into January.

Enough of the changes. Leave it the way it is.

Tickets fly for NFL game in London

Wed May 16, 12:10 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The first 40,000 tickets made available for the NFL's game in London were sold in 90 minutes on Wednesday, the league said.

Tickets for the October 28 game between the Miami Dolphins and New York Giants were made available at first only to fans in Europe.

The game, to be played at London's 90,000-seat newly rebuilt Wembley Stadium, marks the first time the NFL has played a regular season game overseas.

"This is a game for hard-core fans from all over the world," Alistair Kirkwood, managing director of NFL United Kingdom, said in a statement.

"Obviously the predominant number of fans will be from the UK, but there will be large numbers from the U.S. and Europe as well."

The 40,000 tickets in the first batch were made available to fans randomly selected from registered ticket requests. The NFL said more than 500,000 requests were received within three days of the announcement of the game in February.

Ticket sales in the United States to Giants and Dolphins fans were expected to begin within a week, with additional tickets being released in Britain next month.

---Really bad idea... It all about money. It takes 19 games for those those players in the Super Bowl and players are beat-up and exhausted. Really they play 23 but most starters play little in pre-season. Adding the travel to it across MANY time zones and that creates more problems. Leave it alone... some owners such as Jones have even had preseason "scimmages" that appear in large stadiums that they charge for in addition to the 4 preseason games. Besides after 16 games, it is obvious which teams are the best and belong in the playoffs, one more game would change very little if anything.

---I think Arizona played one regular season game in Mexico against someone (within the past 5 years) but the rest have been in the USA as far as I remember. Playing in Mexico (or Canada ) in nothing like playing Asia, or even Europe for teams not on the East Coast.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66